This app was removed from the App Store.
Air Display 2
iOS Universal Utilities
IMPORTANT: The newest version of this app is Air Display 3. We are leaving this version in the App Store for backward compatibility. Buy Air Display 2 only if any of these conditions apply:
• You want to connect to Windows 7 or 8, or
• Your Mac is still running Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), or
• Your iOS device is running iOS 6
Otherwise, please look for Air Display 3.
(1) The Air Display Host is not yet compatible with Windows 10. Stay tuned.
(2) The Air Display Host drivers are not compatible with PCs that have “dual-graphics switching.” To determine if you have that feature, open Windows Device Manager and expand the Display Adapters section. If you see both Intel and either Nvidia or AMD graphics adapters, you probably have dual-graphics switching.
With that out of the way, let us tell you about Air Display 2…
Use Air Display 2 to turn your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a wireless display for your computer. Increase your productivity with extra screen real estate or mirror your Mac or Windows computer display to your iOS device.
For Mac users, Air Display now connects up to 4 iPads simultaneously to create unique presentations.
“You have a bunch of different options to turn your iPad into a second display, but we prefer Air Display as the easiest option.” — Lifehacker
With Air Display, you can wirelessly extend your computer desktop to gain more space or you can mirror your computer's screen to your iOS device and control your computer with intuitive iOS touch gestures and/or Air Display's elegant built in keyboard. Got a Bluetooth keyboard? you can use that too!
And with Air Display 2, you can even wirelessly mirror your screen to up to four iPads simultaneously to create unique training sessions or presentations.
Air Display consists of an iOS app and a separate free app that you install on your computer. Both your computer (Mac or Windows) and iOS client (iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch) must be on the same Wi-Fi network to use Air Display.
Again, only with fewer words:
• Wirelessly extend or mirror your computer screen to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Control your computer wirelessly via touch gestures from your iOS device
• Type using Air Display's built-in keyboard or any Bluetooth keyboard
• Use up to 4 extra screens at the same time (Mac only)
• Fully compatible with Retina-resolution screens
• Both computer and iOS device must be on the same Wi-Fi network
• iOS device: iOS 6 and above
• Mac OS X host: 10.7 and above
• Windows host: 7 or 8 (32 or 64-bit)
---- Windows 7 Starter Edition, Home Basic, and Vista are not supported
---- Windows 10 is NOT supported yet. Stay tuned.
---- IMPORTANT: The Air Display Host drivers are not compatible with PCs that have “dual-graphics switching.” To determine if you have that feature, open Windows Device Manager and expand the Display Adapters section. If you see both Intel and either Nvidia or AMD graphics adapters, you probably have dual-graphics switching.
• Connection to multiple devices works with the Mac host only, for now
— App of the Week, Accounting Today, May 29, 2013
— 50 Must-Have iPad Apps, TIME, April 12, 2013
— 100 Best iPad Apps, PCMag.com, November 15, 2012
— 7 Must-Have Productivity Apps for iPad, ZDNet, April 9, 2012
Thank you for reading. We'd love to hear how you use Air Display to get things done.
- Bug fixes
Thank you for your support!
148Apps —Air Display 2 Review