This app was removed from the App Store.
Worldly — A Wiki Voyage Offline Travel Guide
iOS Universal Travel
Worldly is a browser for Wikitravel that has been specially engineered for offline access. It is designed to deliver the greatest, most customizable reading experience with blazing fast search and loading speeds.
Wikitravel is an open source travel guide like Wikipedia. It has phrasebooks in over 30 languages, as well as information about history, sights, culture, airports, food, etc. for places all around the world. This app includes all of the text, including tables. The images can be downloaded separately for individual articles. Note that at the moment, the content is only available in English.
The app works by downloading Wikitravel onto your iPhone, iPod, or iPad. This means that each and every article -- yes, EVERY article -- will be available for you with no internet connection required. This app is perfect for plane flights, hotels, night-time reading, research, and any other adventures you may have!
If you would like to try out the software for free, please download our other app, "Wikipedia Offline Lite". It is free on the app store and looks and feels the same as this app.
- No internet connection required (after initial download)
- Real-time search and article loading
- Image gallery
- Supports embedded images and tables in articles
- In-page search
- Full screen viewing for best reading experience
- Bookmarks, full page history, and Table of Contents
- Automatic page redirects
- Customize font, brightness and color
- Ability to download the latest version of articles from the internet
- Instantly scroll to the beginning of an article by tapping the status bar (the very top of the screen)
- Double tap in an article to switch to full screen mode (iPhone 4+)
- Pull down on the top of an article to download the latest version from the internet (iOS3.2+)
- Pinch an article to change the font quickly (iOS3.2+)
- Pull down on the language list in the settings to check for updates
- Pull down on the list of favorites to refresh all favorite articles from the internet.
Every email is answered, most within a few hours. User input is greatly appreciated -- in fact, most new features are suggested by users like yourself!
- Bugfixes for iOS 7