Waterfalls of Western North Carolina
Experience the beautiful waterfalls of Western North carolina through the lens of nature photographer and app developer Todd Ransom!
- Cullasaja Gorge
- Gorges State Park
- Panthertown Valley
- Linville Falls
- The Blue Ridge Parkway
The Waterfalls of Western North Carolina can use your device's GPS to show your location on the map. For waterfalls that require walking the trail is also shown, insuring you need never be lost in the wilderness.
Turn by turn directions from your current location to the parking area for each waterfall are provided using the built in Maps application.
Many of these waterfalls are in wilderness areas that do not have wireless signal available. The Waterfalls of Western North Carolina allows you to download offline maps so you will not get lost even when your phone's signal is.
Just in time for the Spring wildflower season comes an updated version of the Waterfalls of Western North Carolina with:
- Expanded coverage of Panthertown Valley.
- Coverage of the Cullasaja Gorge (Highlands area).
- Completely redesigned maps in partnership with MapBox show topographical information at town level and feature a highly readable design at trail level.
- Improved offline maps offer greater coverage by allowing you to download maps for only the areas you need. Download the maps before your trip and your GPS and maps will work no matter how poor your cell signal.
- Re-designed search menu allows you to sort by name, proximity to your current location, difficulty of hike, or quality rating.
- The new compass feature can be a real life saver when you find you have wandered off trail.
- Original photography by Todd Ransom.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 22, 2013
- Todd Ransom
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (11)
- 24.5 MB