This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS iPhone Travel
Discover Rome in a truly new way. No more name listings to look at: with Visual Rome you can tap on the real buildings while you're standing in front of them.... or just sitting home.
This guide focuses on aspects that are often neglected: the history and culture of the place you're visiting.
Fly over the city using the visual map, then land on the spot you're interested in and tap on the buildings to know about their history.
You can also view fine drawings from XVII century artists to see how the place looked centuries ago.
But the best is still to come: in selected areas we have rebuilt ancient Rome as it was 2000 years ago! Yes, thanks to your iPhone or iPod Touch you'll be able to stand right in front of the Colosseum as it was 2000 years ago....
And of course we're always working on new reconstructions that will be added to the app!
- 27 landing spots throughout Rome, where you can look around as if you were there
- detailed info on the history of more than 100 buildings
- flying over the map does not require an internet connection: avoid costly roaming charges while you're on vacation
- full 3D reconstruction of key areas, so you can see how Rome was 2000 years ago
You can find further info at www.visualcities.net
- minor bug fix
- camera now stops correctly when looking at ground maps
- iPhone OS 3.0 optimization