The Royal Mile and Beyond Tour in Edinburgh
iOS Universal Travel
Edinburgh’s ‘Royal Mile’ is one of the most romantic and action packed streets in the world, with royal buildings at each end, steeped in medieval history and punctuated with the buildings where Scottish identity was forged.
Starting at the bottom of the Mile at Holyrood Palace, taking you to the top at Edinburgh Castle and ending with a graveyard and a famous terrier, this walk should be any visitor’s first encounter with Edinburgh’s old town.
This audio narrated walking tour comes with a detailed tour route map and powerful navigation features to guide you from one tour sight to the next. Tour sights included in this application are:
* Holyrood Palace
* The Scottish Parliament
* Canongate Kirk
* Canongate Tolbooth – The People’s Story
* John Knox House
* The Mercat cross
* Heart of Midlothian
* St Giles Cathedral
* The Castle
* The Grassmarket
* Greyfriars Bobby
* Greyfriars Kirk
* George IV Bridge
* The Royal Mile
All the data used in this app is built into the software; hence, no Internet or Data Connection is necessary. The app works offline, so you will not need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app works with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported by the iPod Touch and iPad wifi model)
* Built-in compass to show you the direction (this feature is not supported by the iPod Touch)
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
- Improved city maps.