The Geek Atlas Companion
Go to the places where science made history.
** Specially priced for a limited time **
Use this interactive app to plan a trip or keep a travel log of historical sites where notable scientific breakthroughs occurred -- or are happening now. Zero in on the secrets of 128 places around the world that have real scientific, mathematical, or technological interest, such as Foucault's pendulum in Paris and Bletchley Park in the UK.
You get fascinating, detailed information about the science and the people that make each place noteworthy, plus GPS coordinates, maps, photo galleries, and educational quizzes -- all organized geographically by country (and by state, within the U.S.). Use this app as a guide when you visit locations such as:
* The world's largest science museum (Munich, Germany)
* The Alan Turing Memorial (Manchester, England)
* The Horn Antenna, where the Big Bang theory was confirmed (Holmdel, New Jersey)
* The National Cryptologic Museum (Fort Meade, Maryland)
* The Joint Genome Institute (Walnut Creek, California)
When you buy The Geek Atlas Companion, you also get a discount on the book behind the app: The Geek Atlas -- with 40% off the print book and/or 50% off the ebook. Buy the book to learn even more about these intriguing places and the stories behind them.
About the Author
John Graham-Cumming is a wandering programmer who’s lived in the UK, the U.S., and France. He’s worked for a succession of technology startups, wrote the POPFile email program, and has contributed articles to The Guardian, Dr. Dobb’s Journal, and Linux Magazine.
Optimized book ordering page
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 14, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- 1.3 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (4)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• O’Reilly Software Architecture Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Software Architecture Conference
• Solid – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Solid Conference
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference