Share a ride with someone awesome using Sidecar, an app that instantly matches you with a regular everyday driver willing to give you a ride.
Sidecar’s smartphone app matches everyday people in their own car with people nearby for shared rides. It’s a fast, safe and fun way to get around the city, meet new people and keep extra cars off the road. Sidecar is a totally different transportation experience. Unlike taxi cabs or limo services, with Sidecar you sit in the front seat, chat with your driver and even charge your phone or choose your own music.
- Background checks on all drivers
- Cashless. Pay what you think is fair and it's billed to your credit card via the app
- Know the suggested payment for a ride before you confirm it with a driver
- Watch your ride approach on a live map
- Robust feedback system: riders and drivers rate each other, set standards for community
- GPS tracking of rides
- Share your journey details with friends
- Option to login with Facebook Connect
Sidecar is available in San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, Seattle, Los Angeles, Long Beach, San Diego, Chicago, Boston, and Washington DC and will be coming to your city soon. Drivers can apply anytime, anywhere via the app or at www.side.cr/drivers
* We've moved from a donation system to fixed payments in California. When you book a ride, you'll see the payment amount up front (no surprises; it won't change for time or traffic, only if you specifically request a detour). At the end of the ride, you can increase the amount if your ride is exceptionally awesome. As always, the entire process is cash free and super easy — payment is charged directly to your credit card via the app.
* Bug fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 15, 2013
- Side.cr LLC
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (14)
- 16.6 MB