This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS Universal Travel
••• Most current app to Rio - the insider's guide! •••
Make the most of Rio de Janeiro with this essential guide to the sights, beaches, nightlife, restaurants, museums, and much, much more. Comprehensive and user-friendly, you'll easily discover why locals call Rio the "Cidade Maravilhosa" (Marvellous City)!
*LATEST APPSTORE REVIEW!*
"This app rocks! The info is plentiful and really well written. We had both our guidebooks out and Rio! at the same time at each tourist site. In a side-by-side comparison, Rio! won every time."
*WHY THIS APP?*
Our 225 entries offer all the info you really need plus lots of hidden gems, and stunning images you won't find elsewhere. The app was created from scratch by a travel writer with years of experience in Latin America, a sightseeing expert who understands Rio inside and out.
Other apps are big on tourist sights but short on decent eats or nightlife - or they focus on Copacabana and Ipanema alone. Our guide offers a personal touch to lead you right across this incredible city.
Practical tips show you how to visit Rio efficiently, affordably, and safely. Talk to the author with our in-app comments function to get personalized feedback at your fingertips!
* offline maps and content - find each location without internet
* 600 photos help you decide where to go
* 80 essential eats & coffee shops, 50 top nightspots, key accommodations & shopping
* tips to navigate the airport, city transport, and stay safe
* discover Rio's fascinating arts scene, museums & architecture
* key info on city tours, favelas, soccer clubs & the great outdoors
* links to websites & video brings alive Rio's iconic culture
* insider guidance on the friendliest spots in town - learn to samba with the locals!
We update every few months to stay on top of the latest goings-on & tech upgrades. Info on carnival, city festivals, New Year's celebrations & new bars and clubs appears here before the competition.
Please 'like' our facebook page! www.facebook.com/RioTravelGuide
••• About the Author •••
A self-confessed lover of samba and Brazilian football, Rio expert Robert Coates will help guide you through one of the world's most exciting cities. Since 2007 he's enjoyed the extraordinary diversity of a destination where you can laze on a perfect beach, tour a dynamic museum, and climb a jungle-covered mountain - all in the same day. A professional travel writer, Robert's on hand to answer queries while you're here.
••• About Sutro Media •••
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
- lots of new iOS 7 bug fixes
- fixed recent bug with twitter field
- fixed landscape transition issue
- resolved display issue on iPhone 5
- more offline photos on original download and faster download of offline content
- fixed intermittent bug with dynamic updates
- added better crash analytics and fixed a number of intermittent stability problems