This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS iPhone Travel
Offline Wikitravel stores over 20,000 worldwide travel guides from the Wikitravel website on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Because all of the guides are stored on your phone, no internet access is required to search or view articles. So when you're abroad in a foreign country, outside of Wifi or data range, or in a plane or on top of a mountain, Offline Wikitravel is ready with travel tips, info, history, suggestions, and guides. In short, it's the perfect companion for your next journey!
When you first launch Offline Wikitravel, you will be required to download a copy of the Wikitravel database, which will occupy about 50MB of space on your device.
- No internet access required
- Complete text of the English Wikitravel*
- Instantaneous search of article titles
- Fully functional links between articles
- Navigation trail
* Some parts of articles that aren't very useful on a mobile device (such as references) have been excluded, but all of the actual article text is preserved. In addition, only proper articles are downloaded - image descriptions, user profiles, etc., are not included.
• Improved navigation
• Multiple databases (foreign language dictionaries, copies of Wikipedia) available in addition to Wikitravel: travel in style with all of human knowledge at your fingertips
Wikitravel Travel Guides:
• Spanish Wiktionary
• German Wikitionary
• Italian Wikitionary
• English Wikipedia
• Spanish Wikipedia
• German Wikipedia
• French Wikipedia
• Dutch Wikipedia
• Japanese Wikipedia
• Italian Wikipedia
• Irish Wikipedia