This app was removed from the App Store.
Michigan Road Trips
iOS Universal Travel
• The State's Great Backroads & Byways Discoveries •
This app takes us away from the urban sprawl and blandness of big box stores and chain restaurants into what makes the state so exceptional. It can be a ma and pa restaurant where the cherry pie is from fruit grown just down the road or a cutting edge restaurant where the chef visits the local cheesery to select what's best to serve for dinner that night. It's kayaking along a fast moving river, skiing down a Michigan mountain, spending the night in a charming bed and breakfast that dates back two centuries. It's taking a boat down the river that Hiawatha once paddled, or peering through glass bottom boats at shipwrecks from the 19th century. It's the best of the coastal and heartland hamlets and big cities.
This jam packed app takes you on 12 Road Trips covering 128 destinations each loaded with 5 to 10 (and sometimes more) recommendations. Jump in anywhere on the road to find the best restaurants, lodging, islands, galleries, vistas, serious food stops, trendy shopping, family fun, microbrews, wineries and more.
• WHAT DOES YOUR APP OFFER THAT OTHERS DON'T? •
Many apps provide basic information but Michigan Road Trips features more than 500 things to do whether you’re visiting quaint lakeside hamlets, Victorian era towns or the big lights of the big cities.
• MORE insider info + travel advice -- Use the comments feature to query the app's author.
• MORE helpful details about your travels.
• MORE frequently updated information, even between updates using our comments feature.
• WHAT CAN I DO WITH YOUR APP? •
• Avoid big box stores and restaurants and boring venues – instead plan a custom made trip just for you.
• Browse more than 500 hand-picked entries including historic sites, museums, boutiques, casinos, hotels, restaurants, bars, spas, nature attractions, food producers, wineries, microbrewers & tours.
• Easily sort reviews by category.
• Find what you like faster using global search, alphabet scroll and hyperlinks to jump between entries (and online).
• View more than 2500 full-color photographs, to get a feel for where you want to go.
• Share reviews, photos and user comments and mark and save favorites.
• Access offline content anytime, or use our list of free Wi-Fi hot spots to get online.
• About the Author •
Jane Ammeson is a freelance writer who specializes in travel, food and personalities. She writes frequently for Northwest Indiana Times, Chicago Life Magazine, Grand Rapids Press, AAA Home & Away, Northern Indiana Lakes Magazine, Experience Curacao, Experience Rivera Maya, Mexico Connect and Cincinnati Enquirer, writes a weekly food column, has authored six books and writes the Sutro Media App Michigan Road Trips. She is a member of the Indiana Foodways Alliance, a restaurant reviewer for Gayot.com and is also a James Beard Foundation judge. A member of Society of American Travel Writers (SATW), Association of Food Journalists and Midwest Travel Writers Association, Jane’s base camp is Benton Harbor, Michigan near the shores of Lake Michigan. www.janeammeson.com. Professional profile on LinkedIn and Facebook. Follow Jane @janeammeson.
• About Sutro Media •
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
- fixed recent bug with twitter field
- fixed landscape transition issue
- resolved display issue on iPhone 5
- more offline photos on original download and faster download of offline content
- fixed intermittent bug with dynamic updates
- added better crash analytics and fixed a number of intermittent stability problems