This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS iPhone Travel
COMPLETE PUBLIC TRANSPORT INFORMATION IN YOUR POCKET
Complete, essential, up to date public transport timetables for Sydney’s train, ferry and bus in your pocket.
- Favourites: Save your stops for quick access to departure information
- Over the air updates: Get the most up to date timetables as they are generated! No more waiting!
- Stop Search: Find your closest stops by searching by name, line, suburb or ID (Some suburbs data unavailable)
- Nearby Stops: Out and about somewhere new? Find your closest stops via GPS (Train only)
- Timetables: Browse all timetables by mode and line.
- Alterations: View live scheduled and unscheduled service alterations, so you know before you leave if your train is cancelled.
- Network Map: Pinch and drag around the network with built in maps.
All data is stored locally on the device, so it uses none of your data pack / cap when using favourites or stop search, only features that use data is Over the air updates and alterations. We recommend updating the timetables using the OTA feature while on a WiFi network for both speed and data usage reasons.
Why do I need this?
You don’t know what you’re missing if you don’t have Metro on your iPhone. Departure, timetable and alteration information in your pocket, no more missing trains and waiting on platforms, no more leaving the pub unsure if you will make the last one home.
Timetables are regularly updated from CityRail and 131500 websites.
Follow us on Twitter for regular updates! http://twitter.com/metroiphone
This suite of applications (Melbourne, Sydney and Perth) has been evolving since its release in August last year (not long after the App Store was announced). It started as something that we really wanted on our iPhones, and when originally released with just Trains lots of other people found it useful too.
It has grown to support multiple modes, and multiple perspectives on the timetable data. We are constantly trying to improve the App so if you find any problem please let us know.
- Bug fixes