This app was removed from the App Store.
Lonely Planet Vancouver City Guide
iOS iPhone Travel
"Lonely Planet guidebooks are, quite simply, like no others." -- New York Times
Find the beating heart of British Columbia, with Lonely Planet’s Vancouver City Guide on your iPhone. ‘Vansterdam’ is truly a blessed city: fringed by spectacular mountains, famously laid-back and tolerant, and now gearing up for the 2010 Winter Olympics and Paralympics, it’s just so hot right now. So, whether it’s the historic sights of Gastown, the bohemian boltholes of SoMa, or the heady heights of Grouse Mountain, our resident author has clocked up over 500 hours of research to make sure you don’t miss a thing.
What’s your pleasure? People-watching in Stanley Park? High-caffeine culture in Commercial Drive? Modern masters at the Vancouver Arts Gallery? Sun-baking on Second Beach? Whatever your thing, wherever you find yourself, this City Guide can set you straight. Just check your location on our intelligent maps, search for the ideal diversion in your area, and you can’t miss. And all our famous content – including chapters on history, culture, language and eating out, gorgeous images, walking tours, local lore and much more – is there too. Essential!
LONELY PLANET iPHONE CITY GUIDES
Imagine taking the world's favourite guidebook and making the information interactive, personalised and fully searchable. Imagine dynamic maps that plot your exact location, guiding you through the quirky, the curious and the straight-up compulsory experiences recommended by our community of on-the-road authors and users. Now imagine that guidebook on your iPhone, with you wherever you travel. Well, imagine no more: the world's favourite guidebook has just arrived on the world's favourite phone.
• EASY TO USE - swipe to scroll through a full table of contents, dip into sections, and turn pages with a flick of your finger
• OFFLINE MAPS – there’s no need to go online to access our detailed street maps, fully retooled for the iPhone with location awareness, multi-touch controls, full-colour styling and six-level zoom
• TONS TO SEE AND DO – choose how to search through hundreds of geo-coded points-of-interest (POIs) – by proximity, category, preferences or favourites – then just tap to visit the website, or place a direct call
• TEXT SEARCH – whether you’re into ‘live music' or ‘fine dining’, every article and POI in your guidebook is text-searchable
• LOCATION-BASED NAVIGATION – plot your location in real time on our interactive maps, exploring back streets and hidden treasures with no danger of losing your way
• WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS ... – if you need some inspiration, just thumb through images taken by our award-winning photographers
• PERSONALISATION – tailor your cityguide to your tastes by tagging the best POIs as ‘favourites’
• MONEY SAVING – forget roaming costs, our apps are designed for offline use, and only take up the room of an average album on your iPod
• MORE THAN 30 CITYGUIDES AVAILABLE – including London, New York, Melbourne, Dublin, Barcelona, Rome, Tokyo, Paris, San Francisco, Miami, Bangkok, Madrid, Prague, Seoul, Dubai, Berlin, Cape Town, Singapore and Mexico City, with more guides coming soon
We'd love to hear your feedback, feature requests and ideas.