St Petersburg Guide - Lonely Planet
“Sets the standard for guidebook apps. Few can match its content and organization.” – USA Today
Over 9 million Lonely Planet apps downloaded
The world’s favorite guidebook, enhanced with iPhone-smartness
# GPS tracking and offline maps (so you can avoid data roaming charges)
# Hundreds of recommended places to visit & things to do
# Extensive editorial content from our guidebooks
# All wrapped up in an intuitive, easy to use app where everything is only a few touches away
Cruise the Venice of the North, with Lonely Planet’s St Petersburg City Guide on your iPhone. Built-to-order by Italian architects on the whim of a Tsar, known periodically as Petrograd and Leningrad and home to a higher concentration of cultural wonders than anywhere else in Russia, ‘Piter’ is a complex and changeable beast. All the more reason you’ll need the world’s leading guidebook publisher in your back pocket when you go!
Of course, any guidebook can tell you when to visit the Hermitage, guide you to the stunning façade of Chesme Church, or give you the lowdown on Belozersky Palace. But can just any guidebook let you pinpoint your exact location on dynamic, GPS-enabled maps, search for 100s of independently-reviewed bars, hotels, restaurants and clubs, read in-depth local reflection on the life of the city, or take a walking tour in the footsteps of Raskolnikov? No? Then LP’s the go!
# GPS TRACKING & OFFLINE MAPS
- There’s no need to go online to find out where you are or where you’re going. Our detailed street maps are fully retooled for the iPhone with location awareness, multi-touch controls, full color styling and six-level zoom.
# HUNDREDS OF RECOMMENDED PLACES TO VISIT & THINGS TO DO
- Discover the best of the city with hundreds of author recommended points-of-interest covering sights, shopping, places to eat, places to go out, hotels, activities and events
- Points-of-interest include Lonely Planet reviews, practical information such as opening hours, address, contact details, price range, and map location
- Browse or filter points-of-interest by proximity, neighborhood, or type
# EXTENSIVE EDITORIAL CONTENT FROM OUR GUIDEBOOKS
- City and neighborhood overviews – Get a sense of the city and its neighborhoods so you know what to expect and where you want to explore
- ‘Things to do’ overviews – Hit the ground running after reading up on the local scene for shopping, dining, going out, and hotels
- Background information - Learn more about some of the city's key features and what makes it tick
- Practical information – A need-to-know directory right at your fingertips including how to get around, money and much more
# EASY TO USE
- Swipe to scroll through a full table of contents, dip into sections, and filter your selections with a flick of your finger.
- Text search - Whether you're into 'live music' or 'fine dining', every article and point-of-interest in your guidebook is text-searchable
- Personalization - Tailor your City Guide to your tastes by tagging the best points-of-interest as 'favorites'
#LONELY PLANET IMAGES
- If you need some inspiration, just thumb through images taken by our award-winning photographers.
If you’re a jetsetter, check out our 130+ (and counting) other city guides and travel phrasebooks!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 11, 2012
- Lonely Planet Publications Pty Ltd
- 35.3 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.00 (11)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (14)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Fast Talk by Lonely Planet - Phrasebook with Spanish, Italian, French, German, and Latin American Spanish
• Postcards by Lonely Planet: Free Gorgeous Travel Photo of the Day
• Taiwan: the beautiful isle