This app was removed from the App Store.
Lonely Planet Seattle City Guide
iOS iPhone Travel
“Sets the standard for guidebook apps. Few can match its content and organization.” – USA Today
Over 9 million Lonely Planet apps downloaded
The world’s favorite guidebook, enhanced with iPhone-smartness
# GPS tracking and offline maps (so you can avoid data roaming charges)
# Hundreds of recommended places to visit & things to do
# Extensive editorial content from our guidebooks
# All wrapped up in an intuitive, easy to use app where everything is only a few touches away
Click your heels, grab your iPhone, and head for Emerald City, with Lonely Planet’s Seattle City Guide. Whatever draws you to the cultural hub of the Pacific Northwest – a pilgrimage to the birthplace of grunge; seeking like minds in this playground of left coast liberals; scouring Georgetown for the perfect brew; or perhaps catching the world-class Seattle Symphony at Benaroya Hall – you’re bound to find your heart’s desire at the end of this rainbow (if, that is, it ever stops raining!)
We’ve harnessed the power of your iPhone to take our lauded Seattle City Guide to the next dimension. Imagine you’ve spent all morning mooching around Pike Place Market, you’ve worked up an Olympian appetite, and you need to know where the best local feed can be found. Just whistle up your exact location on one of our intelligent maps, filter or search for a list of eateries within walking distance, and you’re there. Or perhaps you want to stretch your legs on a guided tour of the waterfront? Or read up on local culture, history and customs? It’s all here, and it’s all fresh!
# GPS TRACKING & OFFLINE MAPS
- There’s no need to go online to find out where you are or where you’re going. Our detailed street maps are fully retooled for the iPhone with location awareness, multi-touch controls, full color styling and six-level zoom.
# HUNDREDS OF RECOMMENDED PLACES TO VISIT & THINGS TO DO
- Discover the best of the city with hundreds of author recommended points-of-interest covering sights, shopping, places to eat, places to go out, hotels, activities and events
- Points-of-interest include Lonely Planet reviews, practical information such as opening hours, address, contact details, price range, and map location
- Browse or filter points-of-interest by proximity, neighborhood, or type
# EXTENSIVE EDITORIAL CONTENT FROM OUR GUIDEBOOKS
- City and neighborhood overviews – Get a sense of the city and its neighborhoods so you know what to expect and where you want to explore
- ‘Things to do’ overviews – Hit the ground running after reading up on the local scene for shopping,
dining, going out, and hotels
- Background information - Learn more about some of the city's key features and what makes it tick
- Practical information – A need-to-know directory right at your fingertips including how to get around, money and much more
# EASY TO USE
- Swipe to scroll through a full table of contents, dip into sections, and filter your selections with a flick of your finger.
- Text search - Whether you're into 'live music' or 'fine dining', every article and point-of-interest in your guidebook is text-searchable
- Personalization - Tailor your City Guide to your tastes by tagging the best points-of-interest as 'favorites'
#LONELY PLANET IMAGES
- If you need some inspiration, just thumb through images taken by our award-winning photographers.
If you’re a jetsetter, check out our 130+ (and counting) other city guides and travel phrasebooks!