Lonely Planet Macau City Guide
"...these smart and exhaustively researched guides have become the gold standard for serious, independent travelers." - San Francisco Chronicle
Try your luck in the ‘Vegas of the East,’ with Lonely Planet’s Macau City Guide on your iPhone. Long seen as a poor cousin to flashy neighbour Hong Kong, this former Portuguese trading settlement is now recognised as a major destination in its own right. And if you want to see the Queen of the Pearl River Delta in all her tawdry, eccentric glory, you’ve just got to get the world’s leading guidebook publisher on your phone.
But why go with LP? After all, any fool can stumble across Sands Macau (the world’s largest casino), amble through the UNESCO-listed historic centre, or play pirates on the walls of Mount Fortress. But can any fool use GPS to pinpoint their exact location, search through hundreds of the best bars, hotels, shops, sights and restaurants in the area, follow walking tours carefully plotted by our resident authors, or bone up on Macau’s fascinating East-meets-West history? So long as that fool buys this app … Cool!
LONELY PLANET iPHONE CITY GUIDES
Imagine taking the world's favourite guidebook and making the information interactive, personalised and fully searchable. Imagine dynamic maps that plot your exact location, guiding you through the quirky, the curious and the straight-up compulsory experiences recommended by our community of on-the-road authors and users. Now imagine that guidebook on your iPhone, with you wherever you travel. Well, imagine no more: the world's favourite guidebook has just arrived on the world's favourite phone.
• EASY TO USE - swipe to scroll through a full table of contents, dip into sections, and turn pages with a flick of your finger
• OFFLINE MAPS – there’s no need to go online to access our detailed street maps, fully retooled for the iPhone with location awareness, multi-touch controls, full-colour styling and six-level zoom
• TONS TO SEE AND DO – choose how to search through hundreds of geo-coded points-of-interest (POIs) – by proximity, category, preferences or favourites – then just tap to visit the website, or place a direct call
• TEXT SEARCH – whether you’re into ‘live music' or ‘fine dining’, every article and POI in your guidebook is text-searchable
• LOCATION-BASED NAVIGATION – plot your location in real time on our interactive maps, exploring back streets and hidden treasures with no danger of losing your way
• WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS ... – if you need some inspiration, just thumb through images taken by our award-winning photographers
• PERSONALISATION – tailor your cityguide to your tastes by tagging the best POIs as ‘favourites’
• MONEY SAVING – forget roaming costs, our apps are designed for offline use, and only take up the room of an average album on your iPod
+++ OTHER ESSENTIAL APPS FOR CHINA +++
Check out Lonely Planet's new 'Chinese Offline Translator'. You talk or type - it translates. All without internet connection or data fees.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 12, 2012
- Lonely Planet Publications Pty Ltd
- 11.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 2.00 (1)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.00 (5)