Lonely Planet Chicago City Guide
"...Lonely Planet for honesty, history, irreverence and budget." -- Esquire Magazine
Breeze through the Windy City, with Lonely Planet’s Chicago City Guide on your iPhone. If you want more from your time in the capital of the Midwest than a happy-snap of the Sears Tower, an amble through Millennium Park, and a cruise on Lake Michigan, then you’ll need the world’s leading guidebook publisher in your hip pocket. Our three expert authors have condensed over 1800 hours of research into this essential guide, so you won’t miss a trick.
Imagine you’ve spent the day rummaging through vintage stores in Wicker Park, and want to find somewhere great to park your bags and refuel. Or you’ve scoured the galleries of West Loop, and want to crank things up a notch in the local bars. With our dynamic, intelligent maps, you can pinpoint your location, then filter and browse the best venues nearby. Or perhaps you’ve devoured our chapters on Chicago’s history, culture and art scene, but need to add detail to the picture? Simply scroll through a gallery of high-res images, taken by our acclaimed photographers, and let your imagination loose. Sensational!
LONELY PLANET iPHONE CITY GUIDES
Imagine taking the world's favourite guidebook and making the information interactive, personalised and fully searchable. Imagine dynamic maps that plot your exact location, guiding you through the quirky, the curious and the straight-up compulsory experiences recommended by our community of on-the-road authors and users. Now imagine that guidebook on your iPhone, with you wherever you travel. Well, imagine no more: the world's favourite guidebook has just arrived on the world's favourite phone.
• EASY TO USE - swipe to scroll through a full table of contents, dip into sections, and turn pages with a flick of your finger
• OFFLINE MAPS – there’s no need to go online to access our detailed street maps, fully retooled for the iPhone with location awareness, multi-touch controls, full-colour styling and six-level zoom
• TONS TO SEE AND DO – choose how to search through hundreds of geo-coded points-of-interest (POIs) – by proximity, category, preferences or favourites – then just tap to visit the website, or place a direct call
• TEXT SEARCH – whether you’re into ‘live music' or ‘fine dining’, every article and POI in your guidebook is text-searchable
• LOCATION-BASED NAVIGATION – plot your location in real time on our interactive maps, exploring back streets and hidden treasures with no danger of losing your way
• WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS ... – if you need some inspiration, just thumb through images taken by our award-winning photographers
• PERSONALISATION – tailor your cityguide to your tastes by tagging the best POIs as ‘favourites’
• MONEY SAVING – forget roaming costs, our apps are designed for offline use, and only take up the room of an average album on your iPod
• MORE THAN 30 CITYGUIDES AVAILABLE – including London, New York, Melbourne, Dublin, Barcelona, Rome, Tokyo, Paris, San Francisco, Miami, Bangkok, Madrid, Prague, Seoul, Dubai, Berlin, Cape Town, Singapore and Mexico City, with more guides coming soon
We'd love to hear your feedback, feature requests and ideas.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 11, 2012
- Lonely Planet Publications Pty Ltd
- Average Rating:
- 2.50 (21)
- 34.2 MB