This app was removed from the App Store.
Boston Travel Guide – Lonely Planet
iOS iPhone Travel
**Now with search and favourites to help you plan your day**
The world’s favourite guidebook, enhanced with iPhone-smartness
- GPS tracking and offline maps (so you can avoid data roaming charges)
- Hundreds of recommended places to visit & things to do
- Search functionality and ability to save your favourite points-of-interest for quick reference
- Extensive editorial content from our guidebooks
- All wrapped up in an intuitive, easy to use app where everything is only a few touches away
Lonely Planet, the world’s leading guidebook publisher, brings you Boston on your iPhone. Use the smart offline maps to find the best museums, bars, restaurants and hotels around you. Don’t miss a thing with comprehensive reviews and recommendations. Whether you’re slurping down a few steamers in JFK's favourite oyster bar, sitting in on a Harvard lecture or just spending some time on the harbour, Lonely Planet puts Boston in the palm of your hand. It’s the ultimate traveller’s tool.
# GPS TRACKING & OFFLINE MAPS
- There’s no need to go online to find out where you are or where you’re going. Our detailed street maps are fully retooled for the iPhone with location awareness, multi-touch controls, full colour styling and six-level zoom.
# HUNDREDS OF RECOMMENDED PLACES TO VISIT & THINGS TO DO
- Discover the best of the city with hundreds of author recommended points-of-interest covering sights, shopping, places to eat, places to go out, hotels, activities and events.
- Points-of-interest include Lonely Planet reviews, practical information such as opening hours, address, contact details, and price range, and map
- Search, browse or filter points-of-interest by proximity, neighbourhood, or type
- Save points-of-interest to your ‘Favorites’ folder for quick access.
# SEARCH AND FIND POINTS OF INTEREST
- Full text search, search history and auto-complete so you can find all points-of-interest with ease.
# SAVE YOUR FAVOURITE POINTS OF INTEREST
- Save points-of-interest to your ‘Favourites’ folder for quick access.
- Perfect for planning out your day ahead
# EXTENSIVE EDITORIAL CONTENT FROM OUR GUIDEBOOKS
- City and neighbourhood overviews – Get a sense of the city and its neighbourhoods so you know what to expect and where you want to explore.
- ‘Things to do’ overviews – Hit the ground running after reading up on the local scene for shopping, dining, going out, and hotels
- Practical information – A need-to-know directory right at your fingertips. How to get around, money and tipping, medical services and much more.
# EASY TO USE
- Swipe to scroll through a full table of contents, dip into sections, and filter your selections with a flick of your finger
#LONELY PLANET IMAGES
- If you need some inspiration, just thumb through images taken by our award-winning photographers
“Sets the standard for guidebook apps. Few can match its content and organization.” – USA Today
Over 10 million Lonely Planet apps downloaded
Mapping data provided by Open Street Maps and Cartotype
All updated content!! Check out our latest reviews, places of interest and maps!