Just take a snapshot of the Japanese words (printing type) you want to translate (i.e. on a street sign, on paper, etc.) and the app will convert the image into text, translate it, and display the results. Nice!
1. Take a picture: Let the app focus, then zoom in and focus again. Bigger pictures will yield better results. The fewer the characters, the faster the processing time. (If you can't fit the kanji into the orange box, don't worry. You can adjust it afterwards.)
2. Move and adjust the box so that the orange lines touch most of the sides of the kanji you want to translate, then tap "go."
If you keep getting "Try Again" messages, either go back and readjust the orange box, or wait and try again later.
When you take a snapshot, try to make the text as large as possible. If the text comes out smaller than the border of the orange frame, the software may not be able to recognize it.
Minor improvement of GUI for iPhone5.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 22, 2014
- Lateral Signal Processing Corporation
- 2.3 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 2.00 (10)