Italy Travel Guide - Lonely Planet
**Now with search and favourites to help you plan your day**
Lonely Planet’s brand new country guide apps are here!
“Sets the standard for guidebook apps. Few can match its content and organization.” – USA Today
The ultimate guide to exploring Italy – from the rolling hills of Tuscany to the back streets of Rome. Get the insider knowledge and recommendations of 10 expert Lonely Planet authors, combined with detailed maps and GPS – all of which work with no internet connection or data roaming fees.
Whether you’re travelling the whole country, a region or a city, we have you covered:
☆ Offline maps covering all of Italy. View the entire country, and zoom-in to a region, city, neighbourhood or street. Quickly pin-point your location on any street in Italy - all without internet connect or data roaming fees.
☆ SEARCH AND FIND POINTS OF INTEREST
- Full text search, search history and auto-complete so you can find all points-of-interest with ease.
- Search, browse or filter points-of-interest by proximity, neighborhood, or type
☆ SAVE YOUR FAVOURITE POINTS OF INTEREST
- Save points-of-interest to your ‘Favourites’ folder for quick access.
- Perfect for planning out your day ahead
☆ Thousands of author recommended places to visit & things to do – covering sights, shopping, restaurants, bars, hotels and activities.
☆ Background information and suggested itineraries by our expert authors for the entire country, regions, cities and neighbourhoods
☆ Practicalities section covering everything from transport to travelling with kids.
☆ An intuitive, easy to use design where everything a traveller needs is only a few touches away
☆☆NOTE☆☆: While this app is incredibly easy to use, Italy is a big place, we cover it in detail, and our maps can locate you anywhere in the country (all without an internet connection). As such, the file size is ~200 MB so you’ll need some patience as it downloads. It’ll be worth it.
Regions covered include:
☆ Rome & Lazio
☆ Venice & The Veneto
☆ Tuscany – Florence, Fiesole and more
☆ Campania – the Amalfi Coast and Naples
☆ Lombardy – Milan and the Lakes
☆ Sicily and Sardinia
☆ Umbria & Le Marche
☆ Liguria, Piedmont & Valle d’Aosta
☆ Trentino-Alto Adige
☆ Puglia, Basilicata & Calabria
☆ Friuli-Venezia Giulia
☆ Abruzzo & Molise
Mapping data provided by Open Street Maps and Cartotype
☆ Search functionality
☆ Favourites folder
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 01, 2013
- Lonely Planet Publications Pty Ltd
- 205.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 2.50 (2)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.00 (14)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Fast Talk by Lonely Planet - Phrasebook with Spanish, Italian, French, German, and Latin American Spanish
• Lonely Planet French Phrasebook
• Lonely Planet German Phrasebook
• Lonely Planet Italian Phrasebook
• Lonely Planet Spanish Phrasebook
• Postcards by Lonely Planet: Free Gorgeous Travel Photo of the Day
• Taiwan: the beautiful isle