Historic Old Louisville Kentucky
iOS Universal Travel
A Victorian Architectural Walking Tour Guide
Old Louisville's mere existence tells a story of urban revitalization within the heart of a city. This neighborhood features the largest collection of Victorian-era architecture in the USA. Old Louisville, Kentucky also comprises the third-largest Historic District in the USA, and many structures and is on the National Register of Historic Places. In addition to Old Louisville, the city's Historic Landmarks and Preservation District Commission has designated this and one other local preservation district in the neighborhood, both are included in this App.
"Historic Old Louisville Kentucky" has over 400 entries, each tagged for sorting to view by homes, walking tours, restaurants, B&Bs, businesses, events, etc. and can also be sorted by individual streets, or street address. Each entry has an original photograph, an interactive map showing walking or driving directions, and a description which includes:
• Street address
• Name of property (if applicable)
• Year built
• Architectural style
• Original owner and profession (when available)
• Architect (when available)
• Brief description of architectural details
• Four walking/driving tours with descriptions, directions, and maps.
• The history of the St. James Court area back to 1870.
• 680 original photos depicting the architecture that can be played in a slideshow.
• 30 Victorian neighborhood architectural styles depicted.
• Annual Old Louisville events with dates and locations.
• Other historic places in the immediate area.
• Information useful to both residents and visitors of Historic Old
The descriptions and photos of Old Louisville Architectural Styles alone makes this app a valuable learning tool and handy reference for associating the names with the features of Victorian era architecture. If you've lived here all your life or are just passing through town, if you love Old Louisville, or heritage destination tourism, you'll love this App.
About the Author
A self-appointed Ambassador of Goodwill to Louisville since '74, the author has focused his passions toward Old Louisville since '92 and has provided assistance to the Old Louisville Chamber of Commerce, and the Old Louisville Neighborhood Council, the umbrella organization for the fourteen neighborhood associations that make up the Old Louisville neighborhood. All original photography was shot and optimized exclusively for this App by the author.
Credit is given to previous Holiday House Tour homeowners, the Old Louisville Neighborhood Council, the Old Louisville Tour Brochure Committee, and countless others for their contributions over the decades for their knowledge and documentation that helped to create this App.
About Sutro Media
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
- lots of new iOS 7 bug fixes
- fixed recent bug with twitter field
- fixed landscape transition issue
- resolved display issue on iPhone 5
- more offline photos on original download and faster download of offline content
- fixed intermittent bug with dynamic updates
- added better crash analytics and fixed a number of intermittent stability problems