This app was removed from the App Store.
go! Travel South Africa
iOS iPad Travel
Ditch the folding map, the handheld GPS, the tourist brochures, the personal tour guide... All you need is the go! Travel South Africa app. We’ve done all the hard work for you and mapped 25 000+ points of interest, including hotels, campsites, restaurants, landmarks, nature reserves, wine estates, hiking trails, shops, services and more. In short, this is a one-stop resource for finding out everything you want to know about travelling in South Africa.
The trip planner is a great feature: Just drag and drop pins for the sights and activities that pique your interest onto the trip planner timeline. The route is displayed on the map and the distances between planned stops are indicated on the timeline. The app includes free suggested trips and you have the option of sharing your own trips with other users of the app and with friends via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter.
Offline map packs let you find your way around the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Kruger National Park, Garden Route, Stellenbosch Wine Route, Cape Town and Johannesburg without an Internet connection.
With go! Travel South Africa you can:
• find your way around using an interactive map of South Africa;
• get information on South Africa’s most popular tourist destinations;
• plan your own trips by dragging and dropping pins onto the trip planner;
• follow 50+ suggested itineraries focusing on the best each province has to offer;
• book accommodation through TravelGround and Expedia;
• book packaged holidays through GoTravel24 ;
• book events and activities through Webtickets;
• book a restaurant table through ComeDine.co.za;
• view photographs and articles by go! travel magazine’s award-winning photojournalists;
• plan where to dine with restaurant reviews from Eat Out, South Africa's most respected restaurant guide;
• get destination information from SA-Venues.com, a comprehensive guide for travellers in South Africa; and
• download offline map packs for the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Kruger National Park, Garden Route, Stellenbosch Wine Route, Cape Town and Johannesburg.
Added support for iOS 6
Minor bug fixes