Welcome to China. Get ready to be amazed.
*** This app requires an internet connection, wifi recommended. ***
China is a land of superlatives, a vast country of almost unbelievable diversity. Even if you’re familiar with its most famous wonders — the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, Mount Everest — nothing can prepare you for the sheer astonishment that their grace and majesty always evoke. But your most epic adventures may take you to places you never knew existed.
Fotopedia China lets you explore the country’s vast collection of treasures in visual form. Let the poetry of place names sweep you away, as you visit the Temple of Heaven, the Stone Forest, Tiger Leaping Gorge, Reed Flute Cave, Elephant Trunk Hill and White Cloud Temple.
Spectacular vistas like these, and thousands more, await you within. Each is a jumping-off point for further discovery. Marvel at the colorful mirrored pools of Huanglong, then move on to explore its forest ecosystem framed by snow-capped peaks, waterfalls and hot springs. Fall in love with the picture-perfect ancient towns of Lijiang and Tuojiang.
As you browse these breathtaking photos and visual stories, remember to favorite your discoveries. You’ll be able to come back later and perhaps create your own dream itinerary. Don’t be surprised if you find your list of special places growing fast.
Where will you go on your photographic travels? Perhaps the venerable temple grottoes of Yungang? Or will you watch camels wading in the mountain lakes at Karakul, before taking in the deserts, yurts and minarets of the surrounding Xinjiang region? Maybe you’ll make a visual pilgrimage to the sacred monasteries of Wutai Mountain instead. Or head to Mt Kailash in Tibet, which Buddhists say is the navel of the universe and Hindus call the home of Shiva.
The Chinese civilization is among the oldest in the world. Today, the country is a rich melting-pot of cultures, each with its own proud heritage. Explore the traditions and lifestyles of peoples whose names alone — Bai, Dong, Han, Houhai, Miao, Mosuo, Nakhi, Tibetan, Uyghur, Yao, Yi — conjure centuries of unique tradition.
Sit back and begin your adventure. Let the journey take you from the bustling metropolises of Shanghai, Beijing and Hong Kong to the mountaintop villages of the Ming Dynasty. Stop by the Peking Opera or the Shaolin Temple at Song Shan. Watch the sun glint off mighty rivers. And don’t forget the winter ice sculptures at Sun Island, the hundreds of ancient pagodas, the jutting spires of karst stone near Kunming … there’s no way we can mention it all here, so download the app and start exploring.
This is China. Discover it for yourself.
This app lets you explore China through thousands of spectacular images. Visual stories, interactive maps and the Trip Builder feature help you create the voyage of your dreams.
From Fotopedia, creator of the Hall of Fame app Fotopedia Heritage.
Discover China with:
• A fantastic collection of thousands of spectacular photos
• Trip Builder to create your own itinerary, or easy-to-build personalized tours
• Visual stories, updated frequently so you can discover the best of China
• Share your favorite images and stories via email, Facebook and Twitter
• Open Graph integration with Facebook to share your discoveries easily
• Complete navigation with smart tags, search and interactive maps
• Stunning free wallpapers for your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
• Instant Slideshows
- Minor bug fixes
- New format for stories on iPhone: scroll through the story, explore the map and pinch on photos to zoom in
- New themes for stories on iPad: now you can experience stories the same way as in the Fotopedia app.
- New action button on photos and stories
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 31, 2014
- Fotonauts Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (149)
- 13.0 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Above France
• Dreams of Burma
• Fotopedia France
• Fotopedia Heritage
• Fotopedia Italy
• Fotopedia Japan
• Fotopedia Morocco
• Fotopedia National Parks
• Fotopedia North Korea
• Fotopedia Paris
• Fotopedia Wild Friends
• Fotopedia Women of the World
• Memory of Colors presented by Fotopedia