ETA - your driving and public transit assistant
iOS iPhone Navigation
ETA is your personal driving assistant providing you with quick access to travel times and driving directions to all your favourite destinations.
Driving times to your locations are conveniently presented on a single screen with an indication of current traffic alongside. In a tap you're delivered pre-routed, turn-by-turn driving directions in your favourite navigation app.
Travelling by transit? No problems, ETA has you covered. In addition to driving and walking, ETA offers travel time travelling by public transportation (check http://www.apple.com/ios/feature-availability/#transit to see if this feature is available in your area).
ETA is simple to use and provides you with the information you need to navigate your city. It's also a great companion to the navigation apps you've come to love (including Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze, Transit and CityMapper).
ETA is available as an iPhone app, in the Today view of Notification Centre and on your Apple Watch.
To allow ongoing updating of the Complication for Apple Watch, ETA needs to operate in the background on your iPhone. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
# Reviews #
“[ETA offers] a simpler, faster and generally less cumbersome experience [than maps apps]” - TechCrunch
“The app features a beautifully minimal, elegant design that is top notch.” - AppAdvice
“This app may be simple, but it is invaluable for people like me who regularly travel across highly trafficked areas.” - iDownloadBlog
“It's simple, but it's a really nice way to just glance at travel times without messing around with a maps app.” - Life Hacker
“ETA is an extremely useful app that I will use all the time. It's the kind of thing Apple should build into Maps.” - TUAW
"While many map apps can give you estimates for a current route, none of them let you save locations as conveniently as ETA does." - iMore
# Countries Supported #
To calculate travel time ETA requires Apple Maps support for driving directions in your country. Please check the following list to ensure ETA will work in your area:
To calculate traffic aware travel times ETA requires Apple Maps support for traffic in your country. Please check the following list to ensure traffic is supported in your area:
We’re excited to introduce ETA for iMessage. Share your arrival time to any destination from right within iMessage. Our app allows you to share from your saved location as well as search for any destination nearby. Friends can tap on your ETA to share their arrival time too!
Added to our new iMessage app are a number of improvements to ETA on Apple Watch. These include:
- New complications supporting the circular and extra large watch faces
- In the app find beautiful new location detail screen showcasing our ‘traffic thermometer’ outlining future traffic conditions.
- Scroll between location detail screens with the digital crown.
- General improvements across the complication and app (when in the dock) to increase speed of launch and data update.
- Ability to show arrival times in the app rather than just trip duration.
Our iOS app has also been updated:
- New Notification Centre widget supporting both large and small layouts
- Force touch on the ETA app icon to view small widget
- Added support for ‘Transit’ as a navigation app.
- Deeper integration with Siri. e.g. on a location detail screen ask Siri for “Direction to here” and instantly have a route plotted in Apple Maps.
That’s all for now. As always if you have any feedback email us at email@example.com or Twitter @whatsmyeta. We’re continually updating ETA so your feedback helps us improve the experience for all users.
Anthony & Justin
148Apps —ETA Review