England Travel Guide - Lonely Planet
**Now with search and favourites to help you plan your day**
Lonely Planet’s brand new country guide apps are here!
“Sets the standard for guidebook apps. Few can match its content and organization.” – USA Today
The ultimate guide to exploring England – from the Summer 2012 excitement of London to the hallowed halls of Cambridge and the bathhouses of Bath, our guide has everything you need to know. Get the insider knowledge and recommendations of 14 expert Lonely Planet authors, combined with detailed maps and GPS – all of which work with no internet connection or data roaming fees.
Whether you’re travelling the whole country, a region or a city, we have you covered:
☆ Offline maps covering all of England. View the entire country, and zoom-in to a region, city, neighbourhood or street. Quickly pin-point your location on any street in England - all without internet connect or data roaming fees.
☆ SEARCH AND FIND POINTS OF INTEREST
- Full text search, search history and auto-complete so you can find all points-of-interest with ease.
- Search, browse or filter points-of-interest by proximity, neighbourhood, or type
☆ SAVE YOUR FAVOURITE POINTS OF INTEREST
- Save points-of-interest to your ‘Favourites’ folder for quick access.
- Perfect for planning out your day ahead
☆ Thousands of author recommended places to visit & things to do – covering sights, shopping, restaurants, bars, hotels and activities.
☆ Background information and suggested itineraries by our expert authors for the entire country, regions, cities and neighbourhoods
☆ Practicalities section covering everything from transport to travelling with kids.
☆ An intuitive, easy to use design where everything a traveler needs is only a few touches away
☆☆NOTE☆☆: While this app is incredibly easy to use, England is a big place, we cover it in detail, and our maps can locate you anywhere in the country (all without an internet connection). As such, the file size is ~200 MB so you’ll need some patience as it downloads. It’ll be worth it.
Regions covered include:
☆ Canterbury & the Southeast
☆ Oxford, Cotswolds & Around
☆ Devon & Cornwall
☆ Cambridge & East Anglia
☆ Nottingham & the East Midlands
☆ Birmingham & the West Midlands
☆ Manchester, Liverpool & the Isle of Man
☆ The Lake District & Cumbria
☆ Newcastle & the Northeast
Mapping data provided by Open Street Maps and Cartotype
☆ Search functionality
☆ Favourites folder
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 01, 2013
- Lonely Planet Publications Pty Ltd
- 227.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.00 (2)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- No data
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Fast Talk by Lonely Planet - Phrasebook with Spanish, Italian, French, German, and Latin American Spanish
• Lonely Planet French Phrasebook
• Lonely Planet German Phrasebook
• Lonely Planet Italian Phrasebook
• Lonely Planet Spanish Phrasebook
• Postcards by Lonely Planet: Free Gorgeous Travel Photo of the Day
• Taiwan: the beautiful isle