DK Eyewitness Audio Walks
iOS iPhone Travel
DK Eyewitness Travel Audio Walks: City walking tours with offline maps
Expertly curated walking tours of the highlights of London and New York City.
DK Eyewitness Travel Audio Walks will guide you to each city’s unmissable sights and hidden secrets. These attraction-packed tours cover all the most interesting areas, iconic landmarks, and a host of little-known spots and unexplored corners.
Simple to use, with GPS positioning and offline maps, each walk delivers a wealth of fun and fascinating facts, at a pace you set yourself. With captivating stories behind every stop, it’s the easiest way to really get under the skin of the cities.
Discover the best of London with a stroll along the stunning Southbank of the Thames, a meander through its world-renowned museum quarter or on a hunt for its many royal highlights. Or get right to the heart of New York City with a walk along its striking waterfront, explore the artistic legacy of leafy Greenwich Village or seek out the stand-out spots of must-visit Brooklyn.
Claim one free walking tour sample when you sign up to our newsletter, or all walks to a city when you purchase the DK Eyewitness Travel Guide to London or New York City.
- Unique walks written by travel experts who know the cities inside out.
- Unlimited downloads so all of your family and friends can enjoy the walk at the same time.
- Works offline with GPS-enabled maps so you’ll always know exactly where you are.
- Key practical information included for each walk (length, duration, transport links).
- Do the whole walk, or easily skip to the part that is of most interest.
- Listen on the go, or go back and read about each stop individually.
- Southbank: The London Eye to The Shard
- Theatreland and Covent Garden: Soho Square to Somerset House
- Royal London: Houses of Parliament to Trafalgar Square
- The City: Tower Bridge to St Paul’s Cathedral
- Museum Quarter: Kensington Gardens to Diana Memorial Playground
New York City
- Lower East Side: The Bowery to Nolita
- Greenwich Village and Soho: Jefferson Market Library to Greene Street and the Cast-Iron District
- Waterfront: One World Observatory to South Street Seaport
- Brooklyn: Brooklyn Bridge to New York Transit Museum
- Upper East Side: The Frick Collection to The Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum
Gathering of Analytics Data
"The Dorling Kindersley Limited ("DK") DK Eyewitness Travel Audio Walks app uses a third-party app service provider ("GOOGLE ANALYTICS") in order to create accurate, real-time user data reports so that DK can continue to improve the app user experience. The service collects and submits anonymous aggregated data about which app features are being used most frequently as well as your mobile device UDID (unique phone Identifiers) and/or IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identities), which are also anonymised via a secure hashing protocol, to Adobe servers. This information will be used to continually improve the features and functionality that DK releases in its subsequent versions of its mobile apps. This app also uses "MAPBOX" to enable our mapping and location services. Mapbox may collect data such as IP addresses which will be used solely for diagnostic and analytic purposes to improve their services."
- Minor bug fixes