Chinatown in San Francisco
iOS Universal Travel
San Francisco’s Chinatown is the largest outside of Asia and the oldest in North America. The streets are shoulder-to-shoulder with people on their produce run. Skinned ducks hang in the store windows along with piles of ginger and tanks of live fish. In Portsmouth Square, “Chinatown’s living room,” the older generation plays chess, cards, and mahjong. It is San Francisco’s city within the city.
This audio narrated walking tour comes with a detailed tour route map and powerful navigation features to guide you from one tour sight to the next. Tour sights included in this application are:
* Chinatown Gate
* Old St. Mary’s Cathedral
* The Chinatown Kite Shop
* Eastern Bakery
* Waverly Place
* Tin How Temple
* Stockton Street
* Chinese Historical Society of America
* Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Company
* Portsmouth Square
All the data used in this app is built into the software; hence, no Internet or Data Connection is necessary. The app works offline, so you will not need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app works with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring route clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* The "FindMe" feature displays your exact location, while an auto tracking feature displays your movement on the map, so you always know if you are moving in the right direction (this feature is not supported by the iPod Touch).
- Enhanced user interface.