Boston Travel Essentials
iOS Universal Travel
Then... have a wicked blast romping through Boston’s past and into her present.
How This App Can Save Your Precious Time & Money (& teach you a few things about Boston along the way)
• Let seafood king Jasper White show you how to choose the perfect lobster.
• Photograph the fabled, cobblestoned Acorn Street on Beacon Hill.
• Learn about JFK’s role in the Cuban Missile Crisis.
• Find the perfect boutique hotel in the best neighborhood (for you).
• Watch the Patriot’s Tom Brady and then a raucous St Patrick’s Day Parade.
• Taste the North End’s best cannoli.
• Explore the gorgeous Greenway after thumbing through a fabu slideshow.
• Decide between sticky buns at Flour Bakery+Café at Fort Point Channel; cupcakes at the South End Buttery Café; and apple caramel ice cream at JP Licks on Newbury Street.
What This App Offers
Think of it as “curated content” that sifts and filters the good from the "eh” =>
• providing lots of editorial coverage and opinions to satisfy and guide you to the perfect restaurant (for your wallet and time budget);
• enhancing your cultural proficiency of Boston.
Never been to Boston? The neighborhood overviews give you a bigger picture impression.
Check it out; it costs way less than a fancy coffee drink and it will last much longer!
About the Author
Kim Grant (kimgrant.com) has been exploring Boston’s brick sidewalks and neighborhoods -- in words and pictures -- for more than 25 years. The sole author of the 1st and 2nd edition of Lonely Planet Boston, Kim has also contributed to Insight Boston, Insight New England, Lonely Planet New England and a dozen other Boston and New England guidebooks.
She's written and photographed the Backroads of New England deck for Chronicle Books; has gotten down in the trenches writing about Boston public toilets for Arthur Frommer himself; and has appeared on WCVB-TV's Chronicle talking about Boston hotels and on CNN talking about foliage in New England. She lived in the North End for five years before moving to a circa-1895 Victorian in Dorchester's Savin Hill for more than 19 years.
About Sutro Media
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
- lots of new iOS 7 bug fixes
- fixed recent bug with twitter field
- fixed landscape transition issue
- resolved display issue on iPhone 5
- more offline photos on original download and faster download of offline content
- fixed intermittent bug with dynamic updates
- added better crash analytics and fixed a number of intermittent stability problems