Big Sur & Monterey Bay
iOS Universal Travel
•• Cruising Highway 1 from San Simeon to Santa Cruz••
•• A Travel Guide to the BEST OF THE CALIFORNIA COAST, from SAN SIMEON to SANTA CRUZ ••
•• Make the most of your time on the stunning edge of the continent ••
Cruise along HIGHWAY 1 and the Central Coast with this essential guide to lead the way. From San Simeon in the south all the way to Monterey and around the bay to Santa Cruz, it gives you an expert's pick of nearly 200 top destinations and hidden gems from an insider’s perspective:
• Major towns and attractions
• Beaches, parks and pit stops along the road
• 17 Mile Drive, Pebble Beach and charming villages like Carmel-by-the-Sea and Capitola.
And if you're a lucky local who LIVES in this amazing place, use it as a HANDY ONE-STOP REFERENCE and to discover new places to explore.
* Concise, original text by a native Californian
* Entries filtered by useful criteria like Outdoors, Child-Friendly, Food & Drink, Transportation, Historical, Don’t Miss and more
* More than 1,300 photos for sneak peeks before you arrive and to help you decide where to go
* Comments feature to ask the author questions and share information and experiences with others
* Prices, hours, maps/directions
* One-click web and telephone interface
* Offline content that you can access anytime without an internet connection
* Accurate, up-to-date content, with new reviews and photos added all the time
SPLASH SCREEN PHOTO CREDIT: Point Sur Lightstation, taken by Robert Schwemmer, NOAA
•• About the Author ••
Cheryl Crabtree grew up on the shores of Monterey Bay, surfing the waves, combing the beaches, walking the streets, checking out the wildlife and backpacking in the redwoods. An award-winning travel writer, she has penned many a word for regional and national travel guides, including Fodor's California and Fodor's The Complete Guide to National Parks of the West. She co-authored the California Directory of Fine Wineries, Central Coast and other books covering the Central Coast, which she has explored from end to end, from piers to peaks, for decades.
•• About Sutro Media ••
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
New content and software improvements