Berlin Wall Walk
iOS Universal Travel
Overnight on June 15th 1961, a barrier went up to completely divide Allied West Berlin from Communist East Berlin and the GDR. Over the following years the Berlin Wall was increasingly fortified until it became one of the deadliest border-crossings in the World. Take this tour to explore the remnants of this historical barrier, and relive the tragic events of people attempting to cross the 'death-strip' to freedom.
This audio narrated walking tour comes with a detailed tour route map and powerful navigation features to guide you from one tour sight to the next. Tour sights included in this application are:
* Friedrichstraße Station and the Palace of Tears
* The White Crosses Memorial
* Crosses on the Corner of Ebertstrasse
* Tiergarten Soviet War Memorial
* Statue 'The Caller'
* The Brandenburg Gate
* The Former Death Strip
* Leipziger Platz
* Potsdamer Platz
* GDR Watchtower
* The Wall at Niederkirchnerstraße
* Checkpoint Charlie
* The Peter Fechter Memorial
All the data used in this app is built into the software; hence, no Internet or Data Connection is necessary. The app works offline, so you will not need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app works with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring route clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* The "FindMe" feature displays your exact location, while an auto tracking feature displays your movement on the map, so you always know if you are moving in the right direction (this feature is not supported by the iPod Touch).
- Enhanced user interface.