This app was removed from the App Store.
Australia's Best Places
iOS Universal Travel
★ Best Travel Destinations Down Under ★
This is the definitive guide to all the best places & authentic experiences across Australia from the outback to the beach, from its casually confident cities to its ancient indigenous culture.
It offers insider tips on how to engage with Australia’s remarkable landscapes, its idiosyncratic locals & its utterly bizarre wildlife.
It is NOT YOUR TYPICAL APP:
* It is opinionated, jam-packed with info & pragmatic advice you won’t find elsewhere.
* It is a big app for a big continent, but it is not encyclopaedic. Rather it distils the best. Once a destination has made the cut, it gives you everything you need to enjoy it.
* It actually contains MINI APPS WITHIN THE APP. Many entries cover entire regions with bullet points on what to do, where to stay, eat & drink.
* When a resort, restaurant, or individual adventure is outstanding it gets its own entry with in-depth opinions on how best to enjoy it.
A few mechanics:
• I have organised entries by a range of tags, including States, Beaches, Outback, Luxury and more. Don’t miss the Hidden Gems!
• There are heaps of hyperlinks to videos & websites for more info.
• Under hours, I give opening hours PLUS the best season to visit, whatever is relevant.
* I have avoided overly commercial destinations, which you can easily find if you just follow the tourist crowd.
★ About the Author ★
Born & bred in Queensland and now living in Melbourne, Sue Gough Henly has been a photojournalist, travel writer & editor for more than 25 years.
Her byline appears worldwide including in Travel & Leisure, The Guardian, The New York Times, Australia & New Zealand Magazine, The Toronto Star, The Wine Enthusiast, Vacations & Travel, Luxury Travel, Australian Traveller, Sydney Sun Herald, Royal Auto, News Ltd, House and Garden, Nine msn, Voyeur Magazine, OUTthere & Qantas Insider.
She is on the board of the Australian Society of Travel Writers (ASTW) and won the ASTW award for the best Australian story under 1000 words in 2011. She was also shortlisted for Photographer of the Year.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
- fixed recent bug with twitter field
- fixed landscape transition issue
- resolved display issue on iPhone 5
- more offline photos on original download and faster download of offline content
- fixed intermittent bug with dynamic updates
- added better crash analytics and fixed a number of intermittent stability problems