sprintTimer - Photo Finish
sprintTimer is a unique timer and photo finish app that employs the same techniques as the professional equipment used at the Olympics. Start the timer and point the camera towards the finish line. sprintTimer will build an image of narrow slices of the finish line. You can then scroll along the photo to get the time when each competitor crosses the finish line with a 0.01 s resolution. sprintTimer also includes a motion controlled Lap Timer and a Video Finish tool for longer races.
sprintTimer can be used for athletics, cycling, skiing, speed skating, car racing, rowing, horses or greyhound racing, Pinewood Derby, etc etc
sprintTimer has several advantages over a manual stop watch:
- One person can time all participants
- Higher accuracy
- Easier to determine the order and time difference
- The image and the results can be saved
- Can operate "hands free"
- The timer can be started by a sound (e.g. from a start gun)
Start Sender (in app purchase) records a starting time and sends it wirelessly to sprintTimer on another iOS device. There is no restriction on the distance between the devices and the communication can be over cellular or WiFi networks. The timer can be started by different methods:
- Manually (playing a shot)
- Sound detection
- Motion detection
- Self-timer (playing a start sequence)
See the demo video at the app url:
"Without a doubt the best App available on the market for sprinters and coaches who want accurate timing to see their development."
- Camera zoom on devices that support 1080p video.
- Larger text on saved images.
- Improved error handling and reporting in Start Sender.
- The preview on iPad better reflects the recorded view.
- The sound distance reconnected on iPad.
- Crash when trying to buy Start Sender 'too quickly' fixed.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 05, 2013
- Sten Kaiser
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (36)
- 3.2 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• ballTester - Rebound Height
• fitnessMeter - Test & Measure
• racquetTune - String Tension
• runWithMe - Social Workout
• seeCompass - Visual Navigation
• seeLevel - visual clinometer
• speedClock - video radar
• sprintStart - Reaction Time
• stringBed - Racquet Power
• swingTool - Swing Weight