SprintTimer - Photo Finish
Photo Finish in your pocket - the most advanced sports timer in AppStore!
SprintTimer is a unique timer and photo finish app that employs the same techniques as the professional equipment used at the Olympic Games. SprintTimer creates an image composed of narrow slices, enabling separation of competitors with a resolution of 0.01 s as they reach the finish line. All you have to do is direct the iPhone camera towards the finish line and start the timer! SprintTimer also includes a motion controlled Lap Timer and a Video Finish tool for longer races.
SprintTimer has multiple areas of application and can be used for athletics, cycling, skiing, speed skating, car racing, rowing, horses or greyhound racing, Pinewood Derby, etc.
SprintTimer has several advantages compared to a manual stop watch:
- One person can time all participants simultaneously
- Higher accuracy
- Easier to determine the ranking of and time difference between competitors
- Both the image and results can be saved for further evaluation and analysis
- The instrument can be operated 'hands-free'
- Settings allow the timer to be started manually or by cue of a specific sound (e.g. from a starting gun)
The Start Sender function (available as in-app purchase) records a starting time and transmits it wirelessly to SprintTimer on another iOS device. The devices are able to communicate over an unlimited distance via cellular or WiFi networks. SprintTimer offers different means to start timer, which can be employed depending on preferences and conditions:
- Manual start
- Sound detection
- Motion detection
See the demo video at the app url:
"Without a doubt the best App available on the market for sprinters and coaches who want accurate timing to see their development."
"Amazing app for physical education teachers or coaches! I have used it for timing during our track and field, speed quickness & agility, fitness testing, & many more units. It is very accurate and easy to use and gets the job done quickly! A must have!"
"The app is very professionally set up and you can very easily capture your whole Track event."
"Very useful app for measuring and/or verifying close finishes to track and field or road races."
Satisfied users from all over the world:
- Brilliant. A fantastic app for use in school athletics lessons
- Amazing. This application is awesome and the results are really accurate.
- What a brilliant app! Our £9k photo finish camera broke down and this app was a real life saver and worth way more than £1.50! Highly recommended.
- This app is wonderful. We use it to time all our meets.
- This is a great app and it is getting better from release to release
- Nice, nice, nice! Using it for our youth track team. Love it! 5 stars!
- Exactly what I needed - Fantastic app
- Thank you so much for developing this amazing app just when we had ran out of options.
- Congratulations on developing a really clever and useful app.
- Love what you did with Sprint timer app.
Icon runners made by Freepik from Flaticon.com
- The photo finish can now be paused, enabling you to record longer races without increasing the image size.
- The start button can be configured to react on either press or release.
- The image can be saved without time lines so they can be added later.
- 60 fps video is now default on supported devices.
- The self start in Start Sender can be canceled when running.
- Bug fixes.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 01, 2014
- Sten Kaiser
- 4.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (43)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Army Fitness Tester
• FitnessMeter - Test & Measure
• LapTracker - Auto Timer
• RacquetTune - String Tension
• SeeLevel - visual clinometer
• SpeedClock - Video Radar
• SwingTool - Swing Weight
• ballTester - Rebound Height
• seeCompass - Visual Navigation
• sprintStart - Reaction Time
• stringBed - Racquet Power