A complete dictionary of sports terms for your mobile device! This app contains the important lingo for sports including:
Archery, Auto Racing, Badminton, Basketball, Bobsledding, Bowling, Canoeing and Kayaking, Curling, Cycling, Darts, Diving, Equestrian Sports, Fencing, Field Hockey, Figure Skating, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Luge, Martial Arts, Powerboating, Racquetball, Rowing, Rugby, Skiing, Speed Skating, Synchronized Swimming, Table Tennis (Ping-Pong), Tennis, Water Polo, Weightlifting, Wrestling, Football (American Football), and Soccer (International Football).
If you've ever been at a game, or watching a game or event with your sports-loving friends and family, and been confused by the lingo, this app is for you. You can quickly access the term you're looking for and feel knowledgeable in no time at all. If you've ever been at a bar and heard someone refer to an "RBI" at the "bottom of the inning" now you'll at least have some understanding of what is being said!
This is an excellent pocket reference for sports enthusiasts, players, coaches, amateurs, and professionals, or anyone who is interested in brushing up on common sports terms.
A subset of the overall feature list for this application includes:
- Advanced search for all sports terms. The top 150 sports terms are returned by the search engine. If you need a more finely-tuned search, simply add more terms into the search field.
- Add/edit/remove sports terms, and access terms that you added using My Terms. If you find sports terms that needs revision, you can edit it using your on-screen keypad, or add your own explanation of the term.
- You can rate sports terms on a 5-star system. Once rated, the term is much easier to access later since you can just tap on the "Top Rated" button in the "More" section at the bottom of the screen.
- Mark your favorite sports terms, and view them in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access since the button is always-visible at the bottom of the screen.
- E-mail any term with definition to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. We've given you a starting point to help you categorize and organize your terms, but you can always add more, or change the default categorization. Also, you can put any term in up to 2 categories, if desired. For example, "goalie" might be placed under multiple categories, like "soccer" and also "water polo", since both of those sports have goalies.
- Shake your mobile device for a random term. This is just fun on every level. Your kids will like this one, too. "What would like to learn about baseball today?" "I don't know... shake the iPhone and see!"
- "View All" sports terms for access to every item in the database. This can take a few seconds to load since there are a LOT of terms in this app.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one term with definition to another, or use the previous/next buttons. Navigating this sports terms database has never been easier!
- Insert a textual comment about the term, for example, where you first heard the term or who first explained it to you.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you've seen, so you can always go back to re-read about that sports term you remembered from days ago.
- A Settings screen allows you to change the relative font sizes and the size of the history table.
UPGRADES ARE FREE for apps created by Darren Gates
COPYRIGHT & LICENSE INFORMATION
The content contained in this app comes from a variety of public domain sources. To the best of our knowledge, the images used in this app can be used in commercial products without license restriction.
If you have questions about our use of this content, or if you believe that some of this content may be copyrighted, please contact Darren Gates at email@example.com.
In this new version, a "Top Rated" section has been added, which lists
all entries with 4 or 5 stars. Also, the initial application loading has
been optimized, and the search results have been limited to the top 150
results to improve loading time. A new Settings page has been added,
which allows you to adjust the font size and history size.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Oct 29, 2009
- Darren Gates
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (7)
- 0.4 MB