Pro Football Guru
The Pro Football Guru for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
Refine your pro football wagering skills in this virtual gaming world.
As the pro football season unwinds - monitor line movements and betting trends; compare multiple sportsbook spreads; get up to the minute scores.
Compete with the GURU and other users to find out who's the best at picking winners and building the largest virtual bankroll.
What sets the Guru apart from the rest?
* At a glance, see where the point-spread is trending for each game during the week. This can be helpful in finding value and determining when to "pull the trigger" (and when to stay away) from certain games.
* Also at a glance, see if the other Guru users are wagering heavily on 1 particular team (see what's new in version 2.0.)
* Compare game lines from multiple sportsbooks. Choose the sportsbook that gives you the best line for the game you want to wager on.
* Set up email notifications to yourself for when the line moves (see what's new in version 2.0.)
* Rank yourself against the Guru and other users. Need to improve your wagering skills? See who the successful wagerers are betting on. After the games have gone final, all wagers become public knowledge. Maybe you can "gleam" some helpful betting hints.
* Keep a record of your betting history. Email the results to yourself for safe-keeping.
* Tools. Use the Guru's vast database to help analyze situations. How has a team fared on grass? Against the AFC West? At home? This knowledge should help you make a more informed decision.
* Picks. The Guru has an opinion too. Each week you can see which teams the Guru selects - along with a confidence level associated with those selections.
* Toggle on/off whether or not you want your pending wagers to be public knowledge.
* League Play. You can create and manage your own leagues. Invite and compete against your buddies.
* From the main Games list - you can choose to show only the games you have the most interest in. You do not have to scroll the entire list to find "your" games.
Bugs fixed in the 'Chat Room'.
Bugs fixed relating to the placement of wagers.
Other minor UI and refresh bugs fixed.
We spent the offseason giving the Pro Football Guru a complete UI overhaul and adding some exciting new features (based in large part on feedback received from Guru users.)
New features included in version 2.0 include:
* Halftime wagering. Go ahead, make a brand new wager at halftime. (Note, not all games will offer halftime wagers.)
* Line notifications. Set up alert/notifications to be sent to your email address when the spread reaches a value you specify. Example: the line on a certain game is currently listed at +3 points. Set up an alert, so you'll receive an email when the line drops to +1.5 points.
* Improvements to the Chat Room. You now have the choice of posting to all Guru users, or, chatting exclusively with members of leagues you currently belong to.
* The Rankings Page now displays an icon to indicate if a user has ended a previous season ranked in the Top-10. (Look for the Shark.)
* 2 new icons were added to the Main Games page. If you see a flame next to a team, it means that a team is getting the majority of the action (for straight wagers.) There are 3 flame colors. A grey flame indicates that 70% of the total action has been made on that team. An orange flame means that a team has garnered 80% of the total action. A blue flame (blue HOT!) indicates 90% of the total action has gone for that team. Note, that a minimum of 100 wagers are required for a game before flames appear.
The dollar sign ( $ ) indicates that you already have action (at least 1 wager has been made) on that game.
* Virtual Bank Information. Added to provide insight as to how well (or badly) the sports book is doing "financially".
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Oct 20, 2012
- Wiseguys Software
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (1)
- 1.4 MB