This app was removed from the App Store.
Astrock, the Astronomical Clock
iOS iPhone Utilities
Looking for a clock that offers a real-time sky map, daylight awareness and a bird's eye view to planet positions? This mesmerizing time piece offers an all-in-one solution, combining the sun, moon and planets as they move across the sky using a captivating medieval astrolabe.
The Astrock features:
* Sunrise, sunset, twilight, and the golden hour all in an intuitive manner, no numbers involved
* Current, future and past position of the moon and planets in the sky
* Lunar phases, solar time and the Zodiac sign
This can be especially useful for:
* Outdoor activities such as biking, camping, boating etc. to know when it gets dark
* Traveling across time zones
* Photography to know when the golden and blue hours will occur
* Tracing planets in the night sky
* Educational tool – for example, to see when the sun sets on the North pole
The clock was inspired by the astonishing astronomical clock (Orloj) in Prague, which is a major tourist attraction to this day. Dated back to 1410 AD the clock in Prague was a technical and mathematical masterpiece of that time. Two hundreds year later it inspired astronomer Johannes Kepler to write his famous laws. The Astrock makes the original Orloj like a palm size planetarium that fits in your pocket.
For some children as well as adults, the clock enhances the imagination and thirst for knowledge even six hundred years later. Do the circular movement of the sun and planets across the celestial sphere, along with the circular movement of the hour dial and circular shape of the Zodiac have something in common?
+ more precise move of the sun across the zodiac
+ added the sidereal zodiac
+ added solar time numerals
+ (i) button replaced to be more sensitive
Thank you for feedback