Wickr - Self-Destructing, Secure, Private, Anonymous Messages & Media
The Internet is forever. Your private communications don´t need to be.
Send self-destructing messages for free to other Wickr users anywhere in the world while leaving no trace.
Send and receive text, photos, videos, voice and pdfs that are:
- CONTROLLED - sender owns the data and decides who sees what, where and for how long
- PRIVATE - only the recipient sees your data, no strangers or servers in between
- PROPERLY ENCRYPTED - we do not have the keys, each message has a new unique key (ECDH521,RSA4096, AES256, TLS)
- BOUND - each message can only be read on the device it was sent to for added security beyond the math
- ANONYMOUS - we require no personal info from you, we collect nothing about you or what you do
- PROXIED - we proxy the IP between the sender and receiver
- NO METADATA - we delete attachment metadata (location, time, identification and edits)
- SHREDDED - Secure File Shredder forensically erases unwanted files you deleted from your device
- COMPLIANT - FIPS140-2, HIPAA, exceeds NSA Suite B Compliance (Top Secret)
- INTEGRATED - send pdfs and images from cloud services
- TESTED - tested by Veracode, Stroz Friedberg at DEF CON, and now NCC
- TRUSTED - advisors include Brian Behlendorf, Whit Diffie, Cory Doctorow, Paul Kocher...
- CREDIBLE - featured in BusinessWeek, CNET, Economist, Forbes, New York Times...
- EASY - takes less than a minute to get started, easier than email
- FREE - save money on texting
Wickr was founded in San Francisco, California by a team of security and privacy experts that believe private communications is a universal human right that is extremely important to a free society. Today, that right is almost nonexistent.
Wickr flips messaging on its head, giving control to the sender instead of the receiver (or servers in between). Wickr is becoming the most trusted communication system in the world by giving power to the people.
Wickr uses AES256 to protect data and ECDH521 for the key exchange. RSA4096 is also used as a backup and for legacy app versions. Wickr also uses multiple rounds of SHA256 for hashing and Transport Layer Security (TLS). Encryption keys are used only once then destroyed by the sender’s phone. Each message is encrypted with its own unique key and no two users can have the same AES256 or ECDH521 keys ever (Enhanced Perfect Forward Secrecy-PFS).
Our servers do not have the decryption keys, only the intended recipient(s) on the intended devices can decrypt the messages.
Wickr deletes all metadata from its communications and pictures and its Secure File Shredder, unless deactivated by the user, cleans also the RAM after each message or picture was viewed and then closed.
We cannot prevent screenshots or someone using a camera to take a picture of a message on a screen.
There is no magic pill for betrayal. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to only send private messages to people you trust.
To get further detail about how the app works, please visit the App link on our website at www.mywickr.com.
Feedback and reviews are much appreciated! email@example.com
- Bug Fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jul 15, 2014
- Social Networking
- Wickr, LLC
- 13.6 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (112)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (1120)