Wickr - Self-Destructing, Secure, Private, Anonymous Messages & Media
The Internet is forever. Your private communications don´t need to be.
Send self-destructing messages for free to other Wickr users anywhere in the world while leaving no trace.
Send and receive text, photos, videos, voice and pdfs that are:
- CONTROLLED - sender decides who sees what, where and for how long
- SECURE - military-grade encryption (AES256,ECDH521,RSA4096 TLS), we do not have the keys
- PRIVATE - not shared with strangers, deletes metadata (location, time, identification and edits)
- ANONYMOUS - we require no personal info from you, we collect nothing about you or what you do
- SHREDDED - Secure File Shredder forensically erases unwanted files you deleted from your device
- COMPLIANT - FIPS 140-2, HIPAA, exceeds NSA Suite B Compliancy (Compliance for Top Secret communication)
- INTEGRATED - send pdfs and images from Box, Dropbox, Google Drive
- TRUSTED - featured in BusinessWeek, CNET, Economist, Forbes, MacWorld and New York Times
- EASY - takes less than a minute to get started, easier than email
- FREE - save money on texting
Wickr was founded in San Francisco, California by a team of security and privacy experts that believe private communications is a universal human right that is extremely important to a free society. Today, that right is almost nonexistent.
Wickr flips messaging on its head, giving control to the sender instead of the receiver (or servers in between). Wickr is becoming the most trusted communication system in the world by giving power to the people.
Wickr uses AES256 to protect data and ECDH521 for the key exchange. RSA4096 is also used as a backup and for legacy app versions. Wickr also uses SHA256 for hashing and Transport Layer Security (TLS). Encryption keys are used only once then destroyed by the sender’s phone. Each message is encrypted with its own unique key and no two users can have the same AES256 or ECDH521 keys ever. Our servers do not have the decryption keys, only the intended recipient(s) on the intended devices can decrypt the messages.
We have made this app with the best available technology, but strongly encourage you only to send private messages to people you trust.
To get further detail about how the app works, please visit the App link on our website at www.mywickr.com.
Feedback and reviews are much appreciated! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Improved handling of sent messages on the sending device. A sent message will now delete itself exactly after the amount of time specified when it was created, and will display the amount of time until it will be automatically deleted from your device.
- Fixed a bug which caused some messages to not fully display their text.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 07, 2013
- Social Networking
- Wickr, LLC
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (80)
- 8.2 MB