iOS Universal Social Networking
Whistle Phone is an app for calling or texting your family and friends for free over Wifi or your mobile data plan.
On your own customized phone number, you can make and receive unlimited texts from high-definition and secure calls to other Whistle users. You can also make inexpensive calls to landlines and cell phones or text anyone in the US for a fraction of your regular rate when you go Premium.
And, if you need to make calls anywhere in the world, we've got extremely low rates.
Thought about using your iPad or Pod Touch as a phone? We can help you out. And we work pretty darn well on the iPhone too.
(For the iPod Touch before 4th gen, you'll need headphones and a microphone to use Whistle.)
- Contact integration has you texting in no time
- Secure, encrypted calling prevents snooping on public wireless networks
- High-Definition calls to other Whistle clients make your calls sound as clear as the music you hear on your iPod
- If you can't get to a call, we'll send it to your Whistle voicemail
- Send your Whistle calls to any phone number via our call forwarding service for a low per-minute rate
- Has built-in integration with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad Contacts
- Push notifications for incoming calls
- Includes two-line calling features, including call waiting and three-way calling
- Allows Whistle calls to continue in the background on speakerphone (iPhones with iOS 4+ only)
- Use Whistle as a client with any 3rd party SIP service
- Integrates with Apple Headphones: click the center button on your Apple headphones to answer an incoming call or disconnect a call in progress or double click the center button to switch between calls on different lines (requires iOS 4+)
Please direct comments on bug fixes or feature requests to either email@example.com or to our support site at http://support.whistlephone.com. We really do want to hear from you and we've set up these forums to address your thoughts directly.
* Check out Whistle Phone for the Mac on the Mac App Store *
- Fixed issue with starting Whistle in landscape mode on iPads
- Internal networking updates
- Assorted minor bug fixes