Twinkle is the first and most famous social networking application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Hundreds of thousands of people have sent more than 30m messages on the application since it's launch. Friends have been reunited, new friendships have been formed and there have even been relationships started over Twinkle. Available since the first day of the appstore, this app is a must have for your device. Discover interesting people near you and around the world. Connect and send messages and pictures to new and old friends.
Twinkle works as its own social network, but users can also connect to Facebook and Twitter and use Twinkle as a super-location aware client for reading/setting Facebook status/reading and tweeting Twitter status. We think it is the fastest and most efficient way to know what your friends and family are up to and to tell them what you are doing.
- Chat with people nearby by searching for messages posted in a radius around you (you can search everything from 1 mile to the world)
- Broadcast what you're up to and choose to send your status to Tapulous, Twitter and Facebook networks with one push of a button
- Attach pictures to your tweets or Facebook statuses
- Full-featured Twitter and Facebook support
What the media has been saying about Twinkle:
- "One of my favorites is Twinkle, a Twitter widget that lets you see posts from users in your area, even if you don't subscribe to their feeds. Twinkle reminded me of what a great geoapp can do: take an existing service and make it more practical by adding location data." Wired
- "Twinkle’s best trait is its location awareness. When you post to Twinkle, other Twinkle users can see what city you’re tweeting from. And a tap on the Nearby button lets you see tweets from Twinkle users near you, which is pretty cool." PC City
- "if you're in a Twitter-rich city, drilling down to 1- to 5-mile radius around you will let you know all sorts of things going on in your area as they're happening." CNET
- "Thanks to Twinkle I met up with a guy for a coffee at LAX last week while waiting for a plane" - JenA
- "The BEST Twitter app for iPhone" - SubJuiced
- "I feel a lot closer to my neighbours, to the pulse of my community" - KyleMac
- "Can't believe it is free. Get it right now!" -Kay11
- "One of the top hits for the iPhone. Rock on Tapulous" - Jammed
- "Keeps gettin' better. Congrats Tapulous." Tyler
Fixes and improvements, including:
- Support for OAuth Twitter authentication.
- Most popular causes of crashing have been addressed.
- Report User now has a confirmation step.
- Add Report now has a confirmation step.
- Inappropriate rotation of pictures you attach has been fixed.
- Black screen when attaching photos has been fixed.
- Copy/Paste works better throughout Twinkle's interface.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 01, 2010
- Social Networking
- Tapulous, Inc.
- 2.6 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.32 (514)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 2.84 (43560)