Skype for iPad
iOS iPad Social Networking
Stay in touch with free video calls, voice calls and messaging on Skype.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.)
Welcome to Skype for iPad. Here’s what’s new in this update:
- We've made it easier to find bots on Skype - just tap on the bot icon in your Recent header.
- Found a helpful bot? Tap the conversation header while chatting to a bot and add it to your favorites.
- We've improved the reliability of your notifications.
- Muted conversations no longer appear in your unread message count.
- You'll now see when Skype is updating your conversations or when you're having network problems.
- We've made improvements to voice messaging, so it should now work for everyone!
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We are listening!