Signal - Private Messenger
iOS iPhone Social Networking
Privacy is possible, Signal makes it easy.
Using Signal, you can communicate instantly while avoiding SMS fees, create groups so that you can chat in real time with all your friends at once, and share media all with complete privacy. The server never has access to any of your communication and never stores any of your data.
• Say Anything - Signal uses an advanced end to end encryption protocol that provides privacy for every message every time.
• Open Source - Signal is Free and Open Source, enabling anyone to verify its security by auditing the code. Signal is the only private messenger that uses open source peer-reviewed cryptographic protocols to keep your messages safe.
• Be Yourself - Signal uses your existing phone number and address book. There are no separate logins, usernames, passwords, or PINs to manage or lose.
• Group Chat - Signal allows you to create encrypted groups so you can have private conversations with all your friends at once. Not only are the messages encrypted, but the Signal server never has access to any group metadata such as the membership list, group title, or group icon.
• Fast - The Signal protocol is designed to operate in the most constrained environment possible. Using Signal, messages are instantly delivered to friends.
• Speak Freely - Make crystal-clear phone calls to people who live across town, or across the ocean, with no long-distance charges.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@WhisperSystems) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
• *NEW FEATURE* Video calling available for everyone. Call and be joyful.
• *NEW FEATURE* CallKit privacy options allow you to answer calls without sharing your contacts details with iCloud.
• Fixed issue where some users could not initiate/receive video calls.
• Fixed a crashing issue for upgrading users who hadn't yet registered.
• Fixed phantom notifications where users saw "New Message" on the lock screen, but upon launching, there were no new messages.
• Added more obvious conversation settings for Contact and Group threads.
• Ignored duplicate Signal messages.
• Fixed crashing issue when trying to call a malformed phone number.