Signal - Private Messenger
iOS iPhone Social Networking
Privacy is possible, Signal makes it easy.
Using Signal, you can communicate instantly while avoiding SMS fees, create groups so that you can chat in real time with all your friends at once, and share media all with complete privacy. The server never has access to any of your communication and never stores any of your data.
• Say Anything - Signal uses an advanced end to end encryption protocol that provides privacy for every message every time.
• Open Source - Signal is Free and Open Source, enabling anyone to verify its security by auditing the code. Signal is the only private messenger that uses open source peer-reviewed cryptographic protocols to keep your messages safe.
• Be Yourself - Signal uses your existing phone number and address book. There are no separate logins, usernames, passwords, or PINs to manage or lose.
• Group Chat - Signal allows you to create encrypted groups so you can have private conversations with all your friends at once. Not only are the messages encrypted, but the Signal server never has access to any group metadata such as the membership list, group title, or group icon.
• Fast - The Signal protocol is designed to operate in the most constrained environment possible. Using Signal, messages are instantly delivered to friends.
• Speak Freely - Make crystal-clear voice and video calls to people who live across town, or across the ocean, with no long-distance charges.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@WhisperSystems) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
• Fixed a layout bug on iPhone6 sized devices.
• Fixed intermittent app freezing/crashing reported by some users.
Other Recent changes:
• *NEW FEATURE* Optional read receipts give you the ability to see and share when messages have been read. Learn more here: https://signal.org/blog/read-receipts/
• *NEW FEATURE* Added message details. Long-press the message bubble and choose info to see when your message was sent or who in the group received your message.
• Optimized for faster message processing.
• Improved for faster attachment handling, especially with large attachments.
• Fixed an issue of showing a "New Message" alert when there were no new messages.
• Enabled censorship circumvention in Qatar.
• Adjusted the message bubble direction for RTL languages.
• Removed an issue which could cause an unnecessary "New Group" to appear.
• Stabilized the animation when launching Signal from a notification that was *already* in focus.
• Fixed a rare crash related to the new profile feature.
• You can now pull to refresh in your contacts list to manually check if one of your contacts *just now* registered for Signal since the last automated check.
• Made it easier to tap the back button from the conversation view on iOS11.
• Made it easier to tap the "scroll to bottom" button.
• Improved to have a consistent button style.
• Added a loading screen to briefly appear while loading large attachments.
• You'll no longer lose your scrolling position on iOS when sending a message from a linked device.