Signal - Private Messenger
iOS iPhone Social Networking
Privacy is possible, Signal makes it easy.
Using Signal, you can communicate instantly while avoiding SMS fees, create groups so that you can chat in real time with all your friends at once, and share media all with complete privacy. The server never has access to any of your communication and never stores any of your data.
• Say Anything - Signal uses an advanced end to end encryption protocol that provides privacy for every message every time.
• Open Source - Signal is Free and Open Source, enabling anyone to verify its security by auditing the code. Signal is the only private messenger that uses open source peer-reviewed cryptographic protocols to keep your messages safe.
• Be Yourself - Signal uses your existing phone number and address book. There are no separate logins, usernames, passwords, or PINs to manage or lose.
• Group Chat - Signal allows you to create encrypted groups so you can have private conversations with all your friends at once. Not only are the messages encrypted, but the Signal server never has access to any group metadata such as the membership list, group title, or group icon.
• Fast - The Signal protocol is designed to operate in the most constrained environment possible. Using Signal, messages are instantly delivered to friends.
• Speak Freely - Make crystal-clear voice and video calls to people who live across town, or across the ocean, with no long-distance charges.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@WhisperSystems) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
• *NEW FEATURE* Block people from messaging or calling you on Signal iOS. Just tap on your conversation settings for that user, or go to Signal Settings > Privacy > Blocked.
• Fixed audio message play back. (Sending voice notes coming soon!)
• Fixed crash upon receiving unsupported attachment format.
• Raised GIF size limit to 25 MB.
• Added ability to send PNG images without converting them to JPGs.
• Added ability to share images directly from full screen image view.
• Fixed scenario when attachments could get stuck mid-download if Signal was closed while downloading.
• Updated to make sure the keyboard doesn’t get in the way of choosing the last contact in the list when starting a conversation.
• Made a more handsome group list when editing or creating a group.
• Fixed “Received Message was out of Sync. Tap to Reset Session.” and “No available session for contact.” errors.
• Fixed "Too many failures" error when sending to a contact who had reinstalled Signal.
• Corrected repeated alerts of "Unregistered User" and "Safety Number Changed" appearing three times instead of once.
• Improved registration to show the country code (e.g. US) next to the calling code (+1).
• Updated registration flow to properly reformat number after changing the country code.