Signal - Private Messenger
iOS iPhone Social Networking
Privacy is possible, Signal makes it easy.
Using Signal, you can communicate instantly while avoiding SMS fees, create groups so that you can chat in real time with all your friends at once, and share media all with complete privacy. The server never has access to any of your communication and never stores any of your data.
• Say Anything - Signal uses an advanced end to end encryption protocol that provides privacy for every message every time.
• Open Source - Signal is Free and Open Source, enabling anyone to verify its security by auditing the code. Signal is the only private messenger that uses open source peer-reviewed cryptographic protocols to keep your messages safe.
• Be Yourself - Signal uses your existing phone number and address book. There are no separate logins, usernames, passwords, or PINs to manage or lose.
• Group Chat - Signal allows you to create encrypted groups so you can have private conversations with all your friends at once. Not only are the messages encrypted, but the Signal server never has access to any group metadata such as the membership list, group title, or group icon.
• Fast - The Signal protocol is designed to operate in the most constrained environment possible. Using Signal, messages are instantly delivered to friends.
• Speak Freely - Make crystal-clear voice and video calls to people who live across town, or across the ocean, with no long-distance charges.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@WhisperSystems) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
• *NEW FEATURE* Send voice messages from Signal iOS! Tap the microphone icon to start recording. Once you lift your finger, it sends.
• Added option to edit and save new numbers from within Signal.
• Added ability to add non-contacts to groups.
• Improved ability to start conversation by inputting a number.
• Removed contacts permission requirement.
• Added alert to confirm save/cancel for unsaved group changes.
• Improved contact views to display all Signal numbers for contacts with multiple ones.
• Optimized media preview alerts for photos taken directly within Signal.
• Fixed specific crashes for incoming and outgoing phone calls.
• Completed other calling improvements.
• Adjusted display of group avatars.
• Removed waveform for audio attachments.
• Changed how other attachments are displayed.
• Fixed issue where messages drafts were reappearing.
• Included many other improvements throughout Signal.