Paper – stories from Facebook
Explore and share stories from friends and the world in immersive designs and fullscreen, distraction-free layouts. Paper includes your Facebook News Feed and sections about your favorite topics.
• Browse stories from your Facebook News Feed in beautiful new layouts.
• Customize your Paper with sections about your favorite themes and interests.
• Unfold beautifully designed article covers for news and stories from trusted sources.
• Tilt the screen to explore vivid high-resolution photos and see details up close.
• Watch fullscreen videos that come to life and fill the screen.
• Use simple, natural movements to thumb through Paper uninterrupted.
• Craft your own stories and see exactly what your posts will look like before you share them.
What’s New in Paper 1.2
Thanks for trying Paper 1.2. We’re excited to bring you this update, which includes a bunch of features you’ve asked us for:
• Editing your profile pic and cover photo: Want to freshen up your profile? Tap your current profile picture or cover photo to choose new images, resize, crop and update them right in Paper. Voila!
• Photo tags: To see who’s tagged in a photo, tap the arrow and then choose View Photo Tags. You can even zoom in and tilt your phone to explore all the tags in a photo.
• Mentions: Now when you start typing a friend’s name in a post, you can tag them to let them know about the story. Mentions in comments also work more smoothly, so it's easier to let specific people know about what you've said or shared.
• Trending section: This new section gives you a real-time view of topics people are talking about on Paper so you can explore them in depth. Just tap the Trending label at the top of any story in the section to see related stories from other sources.
• Hashtags: Paper now has hashtags so you can tap a hashtag like #tbt and see all the related posts.
• Tilt to explore all your photos: Now you can zoom in on any photo to view it fullscreen and tilt the phone to explore every detail.
• Copy text: Now you can tap-and-hold text to copy it from a post you're reading. Then paste and share the text wherever you like.
• Change your audience after you post: We always want to help you share your stories with just the right people. Just tap the name of the audience to change between sharing publicly or with just your friends.
• Performance and speed: We’ve been making improvements so stories and photos show up even faster. Enjoy!
In case you missed our previous update, here’s what was new in version 1.1:
• Birthdays and events: Never miss a chance to celebrate! Just tap the notifications globe and scroll down to see important dates ahead.
• Photo comments: When words aren’t enough, now you can add photos to comments to show how you feel.
• Group updates: Don’t miss posts from your favorite groups. Swipe down to open the Main Menu. Tap the More Options icon to the right of the Search box. When you see your groups, check the new unread counts to catch up on the posts you've missed.
• New story buttons: To keep up with the latest stories in a section in fullscreen view, or to catch the newest stories in the next section, tap the new story arrows when they appear.
• More article covers: 9 new article covers join our collection, making easier to spot your favorite sources on Paper. Keep an eye out for Fox News, Bloomberg News, Mashable, FT, kottke, Popular Science, The Hollywood Reporter, Vanity Fair and Hacker News.
• Basic accessibility: All of your sections now support basic accessibility features, and we’re working to extend accessibility throughout the app.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jun 16, 2014
- Social Networking
- Facebook, Inc.
- 50.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.00 (294)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (7325)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Facebook Mentions
• Facebook Messenger
• Facebook Pages Manager