“GPS Tweet” introduces an exciting new dimension to Twitter™: the ability to tweet your exact geographic location to your Twitter™ timeline! Using “GPS Tweet”, a few simple taps prepares a location-aware status update, which is tweeted directly to your Twitter™ timeline, so that your followers can immediately locate and/or navigate to your exact location via Google Maps in a computer web browser or the iPhone’s/iPod Touch’s built-in Maps application.
*** HOW WOULD YOU USE “GPS Tweet”? ***
* You are on vacation in an exotic place, and want to let your Twitter™ followers know exactly where you are having a great time. Forget the typical “hey what part of the country are you touring? --where on the Island are you staying?” stream of tweets that inevitably result. “GPS Tweet” answers those questions, and allows your followers to view your current location on a map.
* You can’t believe you scored tickets to that big football game, and neither will your friends. Well, they will certainly believe it if you use “GPS Tweet” to tweet your location to your Twitter™ timeline during the game! Better yet, tweet the location of your tailgate party to your Twitter™ timeline -- and they can pull up the map, navigate to you, and be there to enjoy the excitement with you!
* You’ve found a great fishing hole, and need to summon the gang or tell them where this magical spot is at. Using “GPS Tweet”, you can let your Twitter™ followers know the catch is on, and they’ll know exactly where on the river or lake you are.
* You’ve just got engaged! This is wonderful news to be shared. Use “GPS Tweet”, and your Twitter™ followers will immediately know exactly where it happened!
* You’ve found a fabulous restaurant, a new specialty store, or a great new park for the kids to play at. This is information you want everyone to know about. “GPS Tweet” will give your Twitter™ followers a map they can use to locate and navigate to your new discoveries!
* Forbid if you have an emergency, but at some point, they will happen. Never before have you been able to leverage a social network as far-reaching as Twitter™ for help, but now you can! If you run out of gas, get a flat tire, wreck your bike, or are being followed by a stranger, immediately tweet your exact location to your Twitter™ timeline, which will open up a whole new source of possible help! It will also document your whereabouts, should others be trying to find you and/or you go missing. Your possible number of helping hands has now significantly expanded to the social network of Twitter™!
*** FEATURES ***
* One tap location determination.
* Location determination shows current and desired levels of accuracy and countdown timer while calculating.
* Twitter™ timeline location information is automatically generated by the app.
* URL shortening to minimize status character count.
* Configurable unit of measure, imperial and metric systems both supported.
* Configurable maximum calculation time.
* Configurable desired GPS accuracy.
* Ability to name your location.
* Ability to save, manage, and resend favorite locations.
* Ability to view favorite locations on a map with the application.
* Ability to send feedback directly to Big Hill Software via email.
Forget the complexity of navigation applications which bury you in controls and statistics. Sometimes more is just “more”. You don’t want a confusing app that looks like the inside of the cockpit of the space shuttle, which requires a P.H.D. to figure out how to use. You want an app which is clean, simple, and a pleasure to use: “GPS Tweet” is the definition of a “cool” app.
The only question left is, why isn’t “GPS Tweet” on your iPhone or iPod Touch?
NOTE: “GPS Tweet” is targeted for iPhone and iPod Touch devices running iPhone OS 3.0 and newer only.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Oct 07, 2010
- Social Networking
- Big Hill Software
- Average Rating:
- 2.50 (4)
- 3.4 MB