Colloquy - IRC Client
iOS Universal Social Networking
Colloquy for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch puts the power of the most popular IRC client for the Mac in the palm of your hand. Built atop the Chat Core framework, Colloquy Mobile is a full featured client optimized for the on-the-go experience with iOS multitasking support.
• Support for retina devices, including iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and iPad Pro.
• Support for iOS multitasking with local notifications and split-screen support.
• Push notifications when using a compatible push bouncer.
• Convenient nickname and emoticon completion popups.
• Support for all the common IRC commands with completion.
• Organized Colloquies view that shows all your conversations and rooms at a glance.
• Highlights messages (and optionally vibrates) when your specific words or nickname is mentioned.
• Highly customizable interface and behavior settings within the Settings application.
• Visual display of user information (WHOIS) for any user.
• Full support for landscape mode in the entire application.
• Stays connected while iPhone is locked and when SMS alerts appear.
• Searchable room member list.
• Support for SASL authentication (required when connecting to Freenode over the cell network.)
• A console for every connection.
• Support for ignoring annoying users.
• Multiple message styles to choose from.
• Fully compatible with mIRC colors and formatting.
• Large selection of graphical emoticons.
• Allows you to join multiple chat rooms across many different servers.
• Automatic identification with network services (NickServ).
• Notification of common server errors as easy to understand alerts.
• Automatically join rooms and send commands upon connect.
• Solid support for secure connections over SSL and TLS.
• Full support for room and connection text encodings.
• Full IRCv3 compatibility, including the IRCv3.2 standard.
• Open minded and Open Source, like it should be.
We can't provide support here to people leaving reviews, as much as we want to. We also can't discuss feature requests, since there is no way to reply to you here. If you have a problem or suggestion, please visit us in #colloquy-mobile on irc.freenode.net, click the support link below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New in 1.8.5:
- Add six new fonts: Athens, Charter, Kefa, Osaka, Osaka Mono, and PTMono!
Fixed in 1.8.5:
- Issues preventing the app from being used after an alert was shown.
- Issues with dynamic type and text being clipped from the chat input bar.
- Crashes when adding Colloquy bouncers.
- Crashes when /msg or /query is typed without saying who or what room should be message. This will behave like /join, and provides the option of entering a username or selecting a room visually.
- Crashes when /msg or /query is typed while saying who or what room to send a message to, but, not giving any message. This will now open up the private message or chat room immediately.
- Whois option is no longer missing from user list on iPhone.
Fixed in 1.8.4:
- Issue preventing the input field from showing up atop the keyboard
- Crash when searching in the user list
- Issue registering for push notifications
- Issue with bringing up the Colloquies list of chat rooms when using iOS 9's split-app multitasking in landscape