iOS Universal Social Networking
ChatSecure is a free and open source messaging app that features OTR encryption over XMPP. You can connect to an existing Google account, create new accounts on public XMPP servers (including via Tor), or even connect to your own server for extra security.
Unlike other apps that keep you stuck in their walled garden, ChatSecure is fully interoperable with other clients that support OTR and XMPP, such as Adium, Jitsi, and more.
ChatSecure only uses well-known open source cryptographic libraries to keep your conversations private. Other apps may make claims about 'military grade' security but, without publicly auditable source code and verifiable end-to-end encryption, you cannot be truly safe.
* XMPP with TLS certificate pinning.
* OTR for verifiable end-to-end encryption and forward secrecy.
* OMEMO for a mobile-friendly alternative to OTR.
* Tor integration for easy access to XMPP .onion services.
* SQLCipher to locally encrypt conversation logs.
* Free and Open Source: https://github.com/chatsecure/chatsecure-ios
Follow @ChatSecure on Twitter: https://twitter.com/chatsecure
►► ChatSecure Donations
Subscribe to ChatSecure to help make developing free and open source privacy tools sustainable. We welcome any contribution to support ongoing development. The donation levels are currently $2.99/month, $5.99/month or $19.99/month. Here's what you get:
• Feel good supporting indie software
• Continued development and updates
• Help keep the app free for everyone
To manage your subscription:
• You can turn off auto-renewal via the main Settings app: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
* Fix some crashes and odd behavior in the chat view bubbles
* Fix crash when media URL cannot be parsed
* Fix crash when room messages are orphaned
* Add toggle to allow database passphrase keychain entry to be persisted in encrypted iTunes backups to allow for better experience when restoring a backup to a new device
* Connections are more likely to be cleanly disconnected during background fetches
* Match room occupants to contacts if possible
* Remove UserVoice
* Update a few dependencies
* Show full version number at bottom of Settings
* Move 3rd party library license and version information to Settings bundle
* Migrate to Swift 4
* iPhone X support
* Now requires iOS 9 or higher