ChatSecure - Encrypted Messenger
iOS Universal Social Networking
ChatSecure is a free and open source messaging app that features OTR encryption over XMPP. You can connect to an existing Google account, create new accounts on public XMPP servers (including via Tor), or even connect to your own server for extra security.
Unlike other apps that keep you stuck in their walled garden, ChatSecure is fully interoperable with other clients that support OTR and XMPP, such as Adium, Jitsi, and more.
ChatSecure only uses well-known open source cryptographic libraries to keep your conversations private. Other apps may make claims about 'military grade' security but, without publicly auditable source code and verifiable end-to-end encryption, you cannot be truly safe.
* XMPP with TLS certificate pinning.
* OTR for verifiable end-to-end encryption and forward secrecy.
* OMEMO for a mobile-friendly alternative to OTR.
* Tor to help bypass restrictive firewalls.
* SQLCipher to locally encrypt conversation logs.
* Free and Open Source: https://github.com/chatsecure/chatsecure-ios
Follow @ChatSecure on Twitter: https://twitter.com/chatsecure
What's new in v4.0.7:
* Fix issue receiving short OMEMO messages from users of the Conversations app
* Partially fix issue where invalid OMEMO bundles are published
* Deadlock detector: If the app is frozen, please wait ~20 seconds for it to crash, then relaunch and submit a crash report.
* Remove Dukgo from server list because their server will be shutting down soon. See https://twitter.com/cfarivar/status/852193164207063040
* Add additional public community servers to list. Full list here: https://github.com/ChatSecure/xmpp-server-list
* home.zom.im is now the default server for new account registrations
* Adding/removing contacts while temporarily disconnected is more reliable
* Update Catalan translation
What's new in v4.0.6:
* Fix crash affecting iOS 8 & 9 devices
What's new in v4.0.5:
* Shows notifications for incoming requests and outgoing approvals
* Displays idle status / last activity in the title bar, for instance "Active 10 min ago". This keeps track of the last time you interact with the app, and will report this value when queried by your contacts. The time you last interacted with the app is identical for all of your accounts, so broadcasting this value is disabled for Tor accounts and when auto-login disabled.
* Fixes a crash when viewing your account details on iOS 8 devices
* Fix issues with contacts that get stuck as "Pending Approval"