ChatSecure - Encrypted Messenger
iOS Universal Social Networking
ChatSecure is a free and open source messaging app that features OTR encryption over XMPP. You can connect to an existing Google account, create new accounts on public XMPP servers (including via Tor), or even connect to your own server for extra security.
Unlike other apps that keep you stuck in their walled garden, ChatSecure is fully interoperable with other clients that support OTR and XMPP, such as Adium, Jitsi, and more.
ChatSecure only uses well-known open source cryptographic libraries to keep your conversations private. Other apps may make claims about 'military grade' security but, without publicly auditable source code and verifiable end-to-end encryption, you cannot be truly safe.
* XMPP with TLS certificate pinning.
* OTR for verifiable end-to-end encryption and forward secrecy.
* OMEMO for a mobile-friendly alternative to OTR.
* Tor to help bypass restrictive firewalls.
* SQLCipher to locally encrypt conversation logs.
* Free and Open Source: https://github.com/chatsecure/chatsecure-ios
Follow @ChatSecure on Twitter: https://twitter.com/chatsecure
What's new in v4.0.4:
* Added an account detail view
* New view to help troubleshoot and fix push issues
* View XMPP server capabilities information
* Redesigned account cell on Settings screen
* Fixes push notification registration on ejabberd 17.01 and Prosody 0.10
* Refactoring to help make push registration more reliable
* Small bug fixes
* Now using Swift 3