Wolfram Stars Reference App
iOS Universal Reference
With the Wolfram Stars Reference App, you'll have access to real-time data on over 100,000 stars. Compute your favorite star's sky position, find out when it will rise next, and perform advanced calculations.
- For easy browsing, stars are sorted into groups such as the Northern or Southern Sky Stars; Brightest Stars; Nearest Stars; and Giant, Supergiant, and Main Sequence Stars
- The Star Lookup allows you to enter any star name in the input field
- Examine and compare properties for each star, such as its magnitude, spectral class, temperature, mass, lifetime, and distance from Earth
- See the star's position on the Hertzsprung–Russell diagram
- Compute the star's current sky position from your location, find out whether it is visible, and learn the times of the star's next rise and set
- Perform advanced astronomical calculations using the Stefan–Boltzmann law, Wien's displacement law, blackbody luminosity, and mass-luminosity relationship
The Wolfram Stars Reference App is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Stars Reference App draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
- Significant design updates, bug fixes