Wiki Offline — Take Wikipedia With You
Wiki Offline delivers flexibility and joy for the Wikipedia experience. The full text of all Wikipedia articles are stored to your iPhone/iPad/iPod. You will literally hold the world's knowledge in the palm of your hands. No more worrying about slow internet connections, overage bandwidth charges, or traveling to areas without internet, because with Wiki Offline, Wikipedia will be there for you when you need it.
Join the myriad of scientists, teachers, frequent flyers, vacationers, parents, and knowledge lovers whose lives have been improved by Wiki Offline.
Wiki Offline brings joy to the reading experience. No more squinting at tiny text, no more eye strain from staring into a bright screen -- the entire display is customizable. Personalize your Wikipedia experience by organizing your favorite articles into folders for later enjoyment. Mark articles to be "read later" and build up a queue. Automatically import the latest text and images (internet required) and enjoy a beautifully formatted take on the legendary encyclopedia.
- "I've used all of the other Wikipedia apps and Wiki Offline is by far the best! It's faster, prettier and works better." -- Carl, Principal
- "This app settles arguments for me (I usually win)" -- Arrie, Businessman
- "Wiki Offline on an iPad is the closest thing yet to a real Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! You have to admit that being able to hold that much knowledge in your hands is amazing." -- John, Software Engineer
- "I can't be the only one who feels like this app should have cost a lot more!. To have it so brilliantly designed with such a touch of elegance makes all the difference in the world. Way to go avocado hills. I love you guys." -- Jean, teacher in Haiti
- Enjoy the full text of all Wikipedia articles
- Use it in bed, 30,000 feet in the air, or 20,000 leagues under the sea
- Amazingly fast -- faster than an internet connection
- Embed images in articles (internet required) for the most beautiful experience
- Find terms within the page
- Full screen viewing for best reading experience
- Organize your searches into bookmarks and folders
- Full page history, reading queue, and table of contents help you navigate
- Personalize your reading experience by customizing the font, brightness, and color
- Available in English, Chinese, Italian, Arabic, Czech, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, Portuguese, Norwegian, Turkish, Thai, Polish, French, Hungarian, Farsi, Japanese, Hebrew, Korean, Swedish, Danish, and Slovak!
IMPORTANT: this version comes prepackaged with the top 5000 English Wikipedia articles. To download ALL of the Wikipedia articles in any language, please buy a subscription. A subscription allows you to have as many language databases as you want and includes unlimited database updates.
- Instantly scroll to the beginning of an article by tapping the status bar (the very top of the screen)
- Double tap in an article to switch to full screen mode
- Pull down on the top of an article to lock the screen orientation
- Fixes for iPhone 5 and iPad mini
And these changes from v5.0:
- Brand new iOS 7 look
- Comes prepackaged with the top 5000 Wikipedia articles
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Oct 28, 2013
- Avocado Hills, Inc.
- 48.2 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 2.50 (317)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Avocado Scanner - Scan and Fax PDF Documents, Receipts, Business Cards
• Battery Guard
• Blur My Screen - Design Custom Background Images and Wallpapers
• Blurred Backgrounds, Wallpapers and Lock Screens for iOS 7
• CalenStar Pro - Google Calendar Client Edition
• Clarity - Magnifying Glass Flashlight
• Disk Cleaner Pro
• Emoji Emoticons Pro — Best Emojis Emoticon Keyboard Art with Text Tricks for SMS, Facebook and Twitter
• Quotebot — 30,000 Great Quotes!
• RadiCal - The Weekly Calendar
• Scanner Deluxe - Scan and Fax Documents, Receipts, Business Cards to PDF
• Translator Free - Global Language Translation
• Translator Pro - Global Language Translation
• Wiki Offline 2 — Take Wikipedia With You
• Wiki Offline — A Wikipedia Experience
• Wikibot 2 — A Wikipedia Articles Reader
• Wikibot — A Wikipedia Articles Reader
• Wikitravel Offline
• Worldly — A Wiki Voyage Offline Travel Guide