Wikibot Lite — A Wikipedia Articles Reader
Wikibot makes reading Wikipedia articles a joy. Whether you want to learn more about the places around you, entertain yourself with random articles, or research your favorite TV show, Wikibot has you covered! With a beautifully crafted interface, customizable display options, and killer features like tabbed browsing, language switching, and offline caching, you'll simply love it!
WHAT IS EVERYBODY SAYING:
"If you are looking for a Wikipedia app that you can customize and have a visual history of pages that you’ve looked at, then this is the best choice." -- AppAdvice.com
This is a fully featured lite version. Upgrade to the full version to enjoy no ads, a read-later queue, and easier language switching.
Just like in mobile safari, you can have multiple articles open at the same time. Switching between tabs is fast and you can even open links in new tabs by pressing and holding on a link.
The display is customizable to give you the best reading experience. You can easily change the font size, the font type, the margins, the color scheme, and even the brightness of the articles.
Easily search Wikipedia in 36 different languages. Effortlessly jump from the English version of an article to the German version, or any other combination!
FULL TEXT SEARCH
Not sure which article to search for? No problem! You can now search Wikipedia articles by article title, or by the full text!
Wikibot provides a beautiful visual history of the pages that you have browsed. An image from each page is displayed, with the title below it. What an engaging experience!
BOOKMARKS AND FOLDERS
Save your favorite articles as bookmarks. Create folders and neatly arrange your bookmarks.
To activate the in-page search bar, click the action button (looks like an arrow).
Tap any image to enter gallery mode and see a larger version of the image and its caption. Swipe left and right to browse the different images in an article.
FULL SCREEN MODE (iPhone)
Need more space to read articles? Double-tap an article to enter full screen mode!
SHARE VIA TWITTER
Wikibot now supports sharing articles through Twitter, provided that either the Tweetbot app or official Twitter app is installed.
Articles and images are cached for offline use until you delete them. Enjoy Wikipedia while you're on the plane, on a train, or in a submarine!
FULLY OFFLINE VERSION
If you need offline access to the complete Wikipedia corpus on your iOS device or Mac, please search for "Wiki Offline" on the App Store, also by Avocado Hills. It is temporarily on sale to celebrate the Wikibot launch!
- iOS 6
- iPhone 5 compatibility
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 09, 2012
- Avocado Hills, Inc.
- 4.7 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.00 (7)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (45)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Avocado Scanner - Scan and Fax PDF Documents, Receipts, Business Cards
• Battery Guard
• Blur My Screen - Design Custom Background Images and Wallpapers
• Blurred Backgrounds, Wallpapers and Lock Screens for iOS 7
• CalenStar Pro - Google Calendar Client Edition
• Clarity - Magnifying Glass Flashlight
• Disk Cleaner Pro
• Emoji Emoticons Pro — Best Emojis Emoticon Keyboard Art with Text Tricks for SMS, Facebook and Twitter
• Quotebot — 30,000 Great Quotes!
• RadiCal - The Weekly Calendar
• Scanner Deluxe - Scan and Fax Documents, Receipts, Business Cards to PDF
• Translator Free - Global Language Translation
• Translator Pro - Global Language Translation
• Wiki Offline 2 — Take Wikipedia With You
• Wiki Offline — A Wikipedia Experience
• Wikibot 2 — A Wikipedia Articles Reader
• Wikibot — A Wikipedia Articles Reader
• Wikitravel Offline
• Worldly — A Wiki Voyage Offline Travel Guide