Wikibot — A Wikipedia Articles Reader
Wikibot makes reading Wikipedia articles a joy. Whether you want to learn more about the places around you, entertain yourself with random articles, or research your favorite TV show, Wikibot has you covered! With a beautifully crafted interface, customizable display options, and killer features like tabbed browsing, language switching, a read-later queue and offline caching, you'll simply love it! Apple loves it so much that they named it Reference App of the Year in 2011.
** Featured in App Store Rewind 2011 **
** Offline version also available. Search for Wiki Offline in app store **
PAY ONCE, GET TWO APPS
Wikibot is a UNIVERSAL app that includes both the iPhone and iPad version. Other apps make you pay twice but with Wikibot, you get two for the price of one!
Wikibot now uses iCloud to automatically sync your history and favorites between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod using the new iCloud (iOS5+). It can even sync to Wikibot for OSX (v1.52+)! Now you can literally have all of your favorite articles wherever you are!
Just like in mobile safari, you can have multiple articles open at the same time. Switching between tabs is fast and you can even open links in new tabs by pressing and holding on a link.
The display is customizable to give you the best reading experience. You can easily change the font size, the font type, the margins, the color scheme, and even the brightness of the articles.
Easily search Wikipedia in 36 different languages. Effortlessly jump from the English version of an article to the German version, or any other combination!
FULL TEXT SEARCH
Not sure which article to search for? No problem! You can now search Wikipedia articles by article title, or by the full text!
To activate the in-page search bar, click the action button (looks like an arrow). Works on both iPhone and iPad!
Wikibot provides a beautiful visual history of the pages that you have browsed. An image from each page is displayed, with the title below it. What an engaging experience!
BOOKMARKS AND FOLDERS
Save your favorite articles as bookmarks. Create folders and neatly arrange your bookmarks.
Sometimes you're reading an article and find great links that you want to read, but you don't to interrupt your current article. What do you do? Simply press and hold on the link to add it to your Read-It-Later queue. The article will be downloaded in the background for immediate access when you're ready.
Tap any image to enter gallery mode and see a larger version of the image and its caption. Swipe left and right to browse the different images in an article.
FULL SCREEN MODE
Need more space to read articles? Double-tap an article to enter full screen mode!
SHARE VIA TWITTER / FACEBOOK
Let your friends know what you've been reading!
Articles and images are cached for offline use until you delete them. Enjoy Wikipedia while you're on the plane, on a train, or in a submarine!
FULLY OFFLINE VERSION
If you need offline access to the complete Wikipedia corpus on your iOS device or Mac, please search for "Wiki Offline" on the App Store, also by Avocado Hills.
DONATION TO WIKIPEDIA
Avocado Hills is proud to support the Wikimedia foundation. A portion of our proceeds is donated each year.
- bug fixes
- DOUBLE TAP the screen to show/hide the navigation controls
- Equations now retina-quality (using MathJax)
- CSS fixes
- Added Avenir font
If you like Wikibot, please consider rating and telling one friend who would enjoy Wikibot. It really helps us.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter: @avocadohills
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 29, 2013
- Avocado Hills, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (137)
- 4.5 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Avocado Scanner - Scan and Fax PDF Documents, Receipts, Business Cards
• Battery Guard
• Blurred Backgrounds, Wallpapers and Lock Screens for iOS 7
• CalenStar Pro - Google Calendar Client Edition
• Clarity - Magnifying Glass Flashlight
• Disk Cleaner Pro
• Emoji Emoticons Pro — Best Emojis Emoticon Keyboard with Text Tricks for SMS, Facebook and Twitter
• Quotebot — 30,000 Great Quotes!
• RadiCal - The Weekly Calendar
• Scanner Deluxe - Scan and Fax Documents, Receipts, Business Cards to PDF
• Translator Free - Global Language Translation
• Translator Pro - Global Language Translation
• Wiki Offline 2 — Take Wikipedia With You
• Wiki Offline — A Wikipedia Experience
• Wiki Offline — A Wikipedia Experience
• Wikibot 2 — A Wikipedia Articles Reader
• Wikibot — A Wikipedia Articles Reader
• Wikitravel Offline
• Worldly — A Wiki Voyage Offline Travel Guide