iOS Universal Reference
This is the most appropriate dictionary for entry-level students of Portuguese.
* 40,000 entries
* 41,000 meanings
* 48,000 translations
* Clear distinction between the different senses of the terms with the help of contextual indicators and ordered by frequency of use
* First bilingual dictionary to be adapted to Acordo ortográfico da lingua portuguesa, showing both previous and revised spelling variants
* Grammatical synopsis of the Portuguese language and of the Acordo ortográfico, false friends list, and place names glossary
* Phonetic transcription in both languages, examples, phraseology, and collocations, as well as notes regarding grammar and use
* Portuguese and Spanish models of verb conjugation
Addressed to the reader that is looking up the most frequent terms and their basic uses in Portuguese and Spanish.
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
• Four new colorful themes.
• Delete and sort entries with Favorites/Recent list.
• General bug fixes and improvements.