This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS Universal Reference
300 of the most important examples of artillery from the twentieth century in one app on your iPhone or iPad.
Twentieth-century Artillery brings together 300 of the most important examples of artillery used or designed between 1900 and the year 2000. Beginning with the guns that pounded the trenches in World War I, the book details all the major forms of artillery in service throughout the century. From hand-held anti-tank devices, anti-aircraft guns and field pieces of World War II to the recent tactical and strategic missiles, Twentieth-century Artillery provides a wide survey of the development and use of artillery, with the entries conveniently placed into categories for easy reference.
Each artillery piece featured is illustrated by a full-colour artwork and accompanied by a detailed specifications table giving the country of origin and technical details of the weapon, including where appropriate the calibre, elevation, muzzle velocity, traverse and range, all measurements being provided in imperial and metric. Each entry also contains a piece of text summarizing the weapon’s development and service history.
• 300 artillery pieces featured, each one illustrated by a full-colour artwork
• Dimensions, weights, ammunition and range details provided for each weapon, all measurements in imperial and metric
• Each artillery piece’s development and service history described
• Quick search functions
• Favorites section
• All data stored offline on your device. No Internet connection required
• Supports both iPhone and iPad
One of the world’s leading experts on small arms, artillery systems, ammunition and defense systems in general, Ian V. Hogg is the author of The Big Guns 1939–45, A History of Artillery and Military Small Arms of the 20th Century.
• Now with new app design and iPhone 5 support (4-Inch Retina Display)!