The Practical Encyclopedia of Boating
iOS Universal Reference
“You name it, it’s in here. Covers every boating situation. This book is both informative and entertaining.”--Latitudes & Attitudes
“John Vigor is the answer guy if you’re having onboard arguments about nautical terminology or the science of sailing in general, and his new book lives up to the promise in its title.”--Good Old Boat
Whether it’s boat maintenance, navigation, boat handling in all kinds of weather, or the physics of how boats function, every sailor and powerboater needs a comprehensive go-to source for specialized information. Now you have it with The Practical Encyclopedia of Boating:
* Addresses virtually every aspect of powerboating and sailing in 500 entries
* Covers seamanship and boat handling, navigation, routine boat maintenance, boat design and building, and nautical reference data
* Ranges from vital techniques--such as recovering overboard crew and measuring distances off--to essential concepts like reading the water and sky and evaluating a boat’s seaworthiness
* Includes numerous cross-references and an exhaustive index to direct you quickly to the right entry and to unify related topics
* Makes delightful browsing as well as a source of sound guidance for practically any boating situation
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
* Fun and engaging word games like ‘Flash Cards’ give you the opportunity to use newly learned words
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW! Invite friends - Share the app with your friends and let them know about this great reference tool!
NEW! Shortcuts for iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S+ and iPhone7 users only:
* invite and share with friends;
* review 'Word of the day' entries;
* access the camera look-up feature;
* search within the extensive database of the dictionary.